Whateverville, California
cTrix wrote:

You'll love this shiz man - trust me!  There's just lots of data mashing to deal with - the SNES does some wierd shit.  And also not launching without a live mode so people can rock out on stage with it.  All very well opening up the "SNES wave"... be we want to open up "the SNES wave which rocked"

I've been waiting for this my whole life, I can wait another year. This is going to be amazing... cheers!

The Forest, WA

Can't wait for this SNES to be released to the public , gr8 work C-Trix! I wanna snag one ASAP

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Hi Ctrix. Can you say what kind of SNES cart/mapper? Not really up on SNES mappers and such, but INL over at Nesdev.org has flash carts and a programmer, kind of like the Retrode edge programmer.
I already have the programmer for NES dev and getting a $20 SNES flash cart would  be great.  I know the release is still awhile out but if you have the target HW pinned down I can at least stare at the cart and drool smile
Yogi

Michigan
yogi wrote:

Hi Ctrix. Can you say what kind of SNES cart/mapper? Not really up on SNES mappers and such, but INL over at Nesdev.org has flash carts and a programmer, kind of like the Retrode edge programmer.
I already have the programmer for NES dev and getting a $20 SNES flash cart would  be great.  I know the release is still awhile out but if you have the target HW pinned down I can at least stare at the cart and drool smile
Yogi

Haha, stare and drool... I saw those carts too. $20 for a non-chinese dev cart? Hawt damn!

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
Jazzmarazz wrote:
yogi wrote:

Yogi

Haha, stare and drool... I saw those carts too. $20 for a non-chinese dev cart? Hawt damn!

Yea I like it alot. Guess after getting 4 or 5 carts its about the same cost as a Everdrive or PowerPak but I like having separate carts smile Plus the Burner can do NES, Famicom and (INL's) SNES flash carts. smile
yogi

cTrix wrote:

Yeah man - I love OpenMPT also.  Segamusix (the lead dev) is one of my German drinking chip-bro's when I'm in EU.  Also one of the best peeps in the universe.

We (ferris & I) looked at doing XM import or something like that, but we are more focused on making a tool which is a good tracker from the outset... uses standard command sets (like OpenMPT) but gives WYHIWYG access to all the SNES internals.  We are working on our own UI for Envolopes and DSP.

You'll love this shiz man - trust me!  There's just lots of data mashing to deal with - the SNES does some wierd shit.  And also not launching without a live mode so people can rock out on stage with it.  All very well opening up the "SNES wave"... be we want to open up "the SNES wave which rocked"

Also, Welcome to the community :-)

Thanks for the warm welcome!  This is awesome news to wake up to!  I completely understand and am very happy to see this still in production and that you guys are hard at work on this.  My dream of finally being able to work on SNES tracks is coming true and you guys are at the forefront of it all.  Thanks for your hard work and, I know I speak for everyone else here when I say, we all look forward to this getting completed!  To the "SNES wave"!

EDIT: Just saw the SNES tracker video. How long have you guys been working on it?

Last edited by CountSymphoniC (Oct 6, 2014 4:46 pm)

Australia
CountSymphoniC wrote:

EDIT: Just saw the SNES tracker video. How long have you guys been working on it?

About a year.  We both work full time and have additional commitments - so it's taking a while.

We're pretty close to having it work solidly now.  Had some issues with timing on the re-player slowing down under playback pressure with lots of commands but it seems to be stable after a rewrite.

Something cool happening soon - standby :-)

cTrix wrote:
CountSymphoniC wrote:

About a year.  We both work full time and have additional commitments - so it's taking a while.

We're pretty close to having it work solidly now.  Had some issues with timing on the re-player slowing down under playback pressure with lots of commands but it seems to be stable after a rewrite.

Awesome work, good to hear. I'm working on my timing core right now for my playback engine, it's definitely going to be interesting seeing how it turns out. Hopefully I won't end up having to rewrite too much but I'm expecting to have to in order to get DAC sample playback going. We'll see. Nice tracker so far!

ncie
cTrix wrote:
CountSymphoniC wrote:

I can't wait! Looking forward to what you have in store!

Australia

We're working on writing stuff to the screen on the SNES side ;-)  In other words, check out our winning entry to TSRAC!

This is a single 1MB (but actually smaller in mem) ROM and the tune is a single 64k tune running from the SPC700.

At the moment we're doing a tool rewrite to add a more effective UNDO / REDO feature plus did a heap of optimisation on the exported play routine.  Basically, when we were hitting complex sections of songs the SPC would slow down.  Now it stays mostly fast!

Australia

We're working on writing stuff to the screen on the SNES side ;-)  In other words, check out our winning entry to TSRAC!

This is a single 1MB (but actually smaller in mem) ROM and the tune is a single 64k tune running from the SPC700.

At the moment we're doing a tool rewrite to add a more effective UNDO / REDO feature plus did a heap of optimisation on the exported play routine.  Basically, when we were hitting complex sections of songs the SPC would slow down.  So that's another major fix!!  Y'know... we're just here plugging away at each challenge making it tight :-)

See ya soon!

Niiiiice. Sounds like you guys have been having some good fun.

I've got an idea for you, might want to check your PM!

Michigan

Onkgaku Tskuru Kanadeeru is a hilarious one that Snesei and I found randomly at a gamestore near us. It's worth checking out if you're into composing on scrolls. Limited sound bank, but it's waaaaaaay better than Mario Paint.

Ongaku Tskuru: Kanadeeru

It even has a mixer with pan, echo fx, and levels as well as muting and soloing. Pretty good for a cartridge designed to write your own music to export to an rpg they made.

Guess that's why I've bought 2 copies of it.

Last edited by infodrive (Oct 21, 2014 1:55 am)

Jelly Stone park, MD USA

This is gonna be sweet! Nice demo
Yogi

Ballard, Washington
djDarkX wrote:

Personally, if they can just update the SNESMOD converter to include noise channels, pitch mod and ADSR envelopes, that would be enough for me.  I prefer using something like OpenMPT or Schism to make the tracks and then just converting.  Combining the DSP Editor in SPCTool with SNESMOD allows you to get the values you need for the FIR filter and listening to how it affects the echo in real-time.

Anyway, yeah, I'm new here, but I saw this project and just had to say I'm really thrilled to see this.  Keep up the great work fellas!

KungFuFurby added Pitchmod and Noise Generation to it.  It's in this thread (Page 6)

Last edited by Augustus Blackheart (Jun 2, 2015 7:27 pm)