Tucson, AZ

Any suggestions? I'm currently living in Tucson and can't seem to find anyone that really listens to it and I'm not sure how to find info on any upcoming shows or concerts and I'd really like to go to some while I'm here.

Seattle, WA

There might be a facebook group for chiptune in your area. There are a lot of those.

Chicago

I haven't heard of much in tucson.
http://chiptuneswin.com/blog/chipartists-list-and-map/
Maros and MisterWilson are registered on that list. Try hitting them up!
edit: I guess looking the legend, a star isn't chipartist. idk man

Last edited by theghostservant (Oct 14, 2014 5:58 am)

hiding under your bed

You don't find them. They're all secret shows.

.FILTHadelphia

Cultivate a scene.

San Diego, CA

look for buried for a day, he does stuff in arizona and is pretty much awesome

Arizona

I'm in tucson and make chiptunes.  Unfortunately I don't think there are too many others here that are into chip and I haven't heard of any shows happening.

Playboy Man-Baby
defiantsystems wrote:

Cultivate a scene.

This.

Though lately, I mostly play as the only chip-based hardcore/harsh noise act in otherwise regular hardcore/harsh noise sets, which have their own scenes that are inclusive and welcoming to hearing a gameboy make ear-splitting noise. It's a lot easier to just include yourself into another local scene that's generally welcoming to outsiders than to go the nine yards and make a scene. I'm a regular at a grimy-ass punk house because they're always able to get down to my stuff.

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Oct 15, 2014 9:59 pm)

Unsubscribe

piggyback on any weirdo beardo electronic music scenes you can find

Tucson, AZ

wait what is a scene? eh...hehe...noob here. grew up in a small town that only listens to rap, country, and punk rock.

Unsubscribe
Void Argument wrote:

wait what is a scene? eh...hehe...noob here. grew up in a small town that only listens to rap, country, and punk rock.

Its like that, but the music is good.

herr_prof wrote:

piggyback on any weirdo beardo electronic music scenes you can find

yes this this this

chances are in your town there's something a lot "weirder" than chipmusic happening at any given time, sometimes it works out when you just reach out to people and say "hey, I'm into this stuff lately" smile

it builds support not just for your own music but for anyone else who might be interested in making it too; and at the very least you might make some really rad new friends in the process

Last edited by an0va (Oct 22, 2014 2:02 pm)

Void Argument wrote:

wait what is a scene?

IMO it's just a global term for any collection of people that are into the same kind of stuff smile

ohgodno, Indiana

finda random open mic in your area & meet some folks or BUILD EET

imo if you want to find chiptune gigs you have to step back from the internet and look around yourself... really take stock of what's important