Chicago, IL

You can use iSequence to do midi out, it also has live looper controls. You need to buy iRig to do the midi control stuff but I highly recommend it, you can also use iRig to power input to Sunrizer. What I do is build tracks in logic pro, my KA6 sends the midi signal thru iRig into the iPad to Sunrizer and then I record it (also via KA6) out of the headphone jack with a stereo splitter.

New Jersey, USA

I use:
-NLogSynth (an old app no longer for purchase)
-Animoog
-DB-303 (Rolan TB-303 Emulation)
-Rhythm Studio (303,909,808, and other synth emulation)
-Modular (Basically emulates a modular synth)
-Voice Memo's (for capturing sounds I find interesting when I'm out of the house)

I plug my iPhone into my audio interface and record it into Logic, then add effects, change pitch, resample, ect.

Dallas, Texas

Theres a couple MML editors out there for Android and iOS that are pretty fun. But having a proper keyboard is the only way I can actually be productive with MML.

buffalo, NY

I use Jamup Pro for guitar sims on my iphone during live shows.

Don't think anyone's mentioned this but there's also a YM2151 emulator/music suite for iPad. I don't have an iPad so I don't know how easy it is to use, but some sick shit has been played off it. YM2151 was used in a lot of arcade music and I believe the Sharp X68000?

Not exactly sure what dump mode is. Probably just song data played back, but there is a sequencer for the app.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iym2151 … 75529?mt=8

South Jersey, USA

right now just using soundprism to control Thor and sunrizer. I was able to get it set up to input midi notes via soundprism on iPad to renoise on computer over the wifi but the latency big. gonna have to invest in the camera connection midi kit

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:34 am)

Chicago, IL
arlen wrote:

Don't think anyone's mentioned this but there's also a YM2151 emulator/music suite for iPad. I don't have an iPad so I don't know how easy it is to use, but some sick shit has been played off it. YM2151 was used in a lot of arcade music and I believe the Sharp X68000?

Not exactly sure what dump mode is. Probably just song data played back, but there is a sequencer for the app.
https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/iym2151 … 75529?mt=8

This is super hard to use. I tried for a few hours and could barely get one measure of ok sounding stuff.