Are there any Christmas compo's planned? I figure if any are planned now would be the time to start working so it could be released by Christmas, which is why I am asking, but what do I know tongue?

Anyway, yeah, are there any happening?

Ohio, USA

Kitten Paw Recordings has a holidays compo coming soon, and they're taking submissions now (I just sent one in today *shamelessselfpromotion). They want darker and heavier stuff for it though, so if that's your style that's a good compo to join. Besides that I don't know.

I have no idea how I missed that in the threads feed.
Hm, I'm sure there is something to be said about the guy with his avatar as an eye and yet he can't see the top thread in the feed.
Anyway, thanks for pointing that out, but I was talking more about a traditional one. Like I think there as a Christmas cover comp last year if I'm not mistaken.

Will definitely think about submitting for that one though, don't know if I could get dark and heavy enough though tongue

Last edited by Cortuor (Nov 1, 2014 6:43 pm)

we're back & stuff

thread here

Kitten Paw Recordings wrote:

thread here

Yeah, after actually opening my eyes I saw that. roll

Ohio, USA
Cortuor wrote:

Hm, I'm sure there is something to be said about the guy with his avatar as an eye and yet he can't see the top thread in the feed.
Anyway, thanks for pointing that out, but I was talking more about a traditional one. Like I think there as a Christmas cover comp last year if I'm not mistaken.

Will definitely think about submitting for that one though, don't know if I could get dark and heavy enough though tongue

Lol. As for the different style, maybe just make whatever you would make now, and see if another compo comes up that fits what you want?

Los Angeles, CA
Cortuor wrote:

there was one last year, I think 3 of us ended up putting a track in.  If you wanna see a compo, organize it big_smile

NC in the US of America

The brkbrkbrk.com merry chipmas 2013 compo was great fun big_smile

Maybe someone could organize a Thanksgiving compo. Thanksgiving gets no love sad

Jingle Bells is a thanksgiving song! >:o

Mrwimmer wrote:
Cortuor wrote:

there was one last year, I think 3 of us ended up putting a track in.  If you wanna see a compo, organize it big_smile

SketchMan3 wrote:

Maybe someone could organize a Thanksgiving compo. Thanksgiving gets no love sad

Maybe I'll organize a Thanksgiving compo, except, what thanksgiving songs are there? None immediately come to mind for me.

NC in the US of America
Cortuor wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

Maybe I'll organize a Thanksgiving compo, except, what thanksgiving songs are there? None immediately come to mind for me.

Over the River and Through the Woods! and Jingle Bells!
Edit: SEEEE????

"Jingle Bells" is one of the best-known[1] and commonly sung[2] American Christmas songs in the world. It was written by James Lord Pierpont (1822–1893) and published under the title "One Horse Open Sleigh" in the autumn of 1857. Even though it is now associated with the Christmas and holiday season, it was actually originally written to be sung for American Thanksgiving.[3][4]

Sorry didn't mean to hijack the thread.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Nov 1, 2014 9:12 pm)

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:33 am)

NC in the US of America
Crashmast wrote:
SketchMan3 wrote:

You damn Americans, Thanksgiving was last month!

I celebrated that one in my heart :3