Germany

Soooo, I'm at my friends home and we just tested the midi through with his trusted equipment. It doesn't work. I'm going to contact Lowtoy and see what they can do about it. I'm not an a-hole, but I paid for a fully working product, so I think it's their job to fix it. If they can give me some help, i would fix it myself, but I'm not an electrician expert.

edit:

I got my own midi keyboard and tried it. funny thing is, when i pluged it in, nothing worked. then i turn an ecoder on my keyboard and suddenly, the red status LED light up. and now, midi in does work, but midi out doesn't. i tested it with mGB btw.

does the arduinoboy/mGB software needs some special midi CC command or anything like that to start?

another funny thing, when i first tried it only with my interface, nothing worked. now, with the interface, midi in does work, sound comes out of the gameboy, bu the red status LED doesn't light up.

I just don't understand it.

Last edited by xvxManuelxvx (Oct 18, 2014 2:42 pm)

Barcelona

Hi there!

As already stated by mail, the boards has a bug, having MIDI OUT connector reversed. SORRY, SORRY SORRY.
As this is our fault we will send  a working unit ASAP. 

u_u

Seattle, WA

Kinda unrelated, but better here than making a new thread. Anyone know if 4 player adapters interact with arduinoboy at all? if I wanted to sync 2 gameboys as slave with one arduinoboy could I?

Unsubscribe

I know the schematic has been wrong on the code page for years but how can anyone wells these things and not get it right? You don't test your products?

Barcelona

Yes they are. In theory....

That´s why someone received not-very-nice spanking for this.

It´s really a shame.

San Diego, CA

dire hit, dunno if it helps that much but I've been using a modified DMG-07 that katsumbhong helped me with to sync with a teensyboy (that he also helped me with) and it works fine for me!

I think the mod for the dmg-07 involves just jumping part of the board. it's not a difficult one to do I think, but I have to check with him to see exactly what he did

Last edited by spacetownsavior (Oct 23, 2014 4:50 pm)

Madrid, Spain

Hi,

I have the same arduinoboy from Lowtoy, with the same problems. I've trying to sync a nanoloop to a roland-mc-505 midi clock, but seems imposible. I was started to think that was a problem of mc-505 midi out. But after buying a usb midi inteface I've checked all the midi configurations of the roland groovebox. Now I know that the mc-505 midi works fine.

Anyone knows if it's necessary to make something more to get arduinoboy working? I don't know what I can do.

I'm making the following connections and configurations:

- I set the mc-505 to send midi clock messages.
- I put a midi wire from mc-505 midi out to midi in in arduinoboy.
- In arduinoboy I select nanoloop mode.
- I connect the gameboy with nanoloop in mode E connected to gb1 wire.
- I press play in mc-505 and nothing happens to the gameboy, nanoloop don't starts to play.

I check this configuration with my new midi interface putting "Ableton live" as slave and works well, when I press play in th mc-505 "Ableton live" starts to play.

What can I do now?

I'm using dualarduinoboy code because lowtoy's arduiboy pcb is designed to work with dualarduinoboy. I've not installed arduinoboy code because I don't know if it will works.

https://github.com/hadesbox/dualarduinoboy

Thanks!

Cleveland, Ohio

Midi in and out work on mine after the fix, using the dualarduinoboy code.  Is any Midi in working? Could you test midi start commands from your PC to the arduinoboy?

Last edited by LazierGunz (Nov 11, 2014 11:32 pm)

Madrid, Spain

Yesterday I've tried to connect arduinoboy with ableton with no success.

The only way I see arduinoboy doing something is by connecting nanoloop as master, in that case the leds blink in order, and detects when I put nanoloop in mode E. I think midi in and out doesn't work.

I will send back to lowtoy the arduinoboy to fix it and check it. I think I can't test anything more. Thanks!