Australia

Hi,

I have a few Gameboy LSDJ cartridges available. Each cart (64M) has 4 instances of the latest LSDJ release, each with access to 32K SRAM.

Free Postage Worldwide (Unless you live in one of those werid places that for some reason costs more - check with me)

AUD$30  (AUD$25 If you have your own license for LSDJ)

Also have limited supply of 256M carts (16 LSDJ instances per cart)

[email protected]

Abandoned on Fire

What kind of carts are these? Never heard of multiple copies of lsdj not overwriting each other.

http://www.bennvenn.com/GBFlash.htm

(I think)

perth, WA

hmm might grab one, just did some reading on your site, seems legit! Is the cart reader/writer also available?

Washington, PA

I hope you're paying Johan for licenses for each of these...

I'm in, but only when cart reader/writer is available.

matt's mind

you should get in touch with Johan about how you're going about the LSDJ stuff, he really prefers you to not do this way.  the end-user doesn't actually get access this way, which is the point of giving him any money in the first place.  access to the FTP part of his site for the files.

he's very available via email, he's walk you through it.  but, i know for a fact he does not like it being done in this manner

your ram size seems a wee bit tiny for LSDJ usage as well, btw

Australia

Hi everyone, wow they sold out quick! Those who emailed me have received an email back.

Jmc1987, The license? Yes, that is what the extra $5 in my original post is for (That is reasonable per cart, yes?), unless the buyer can prove they already have a license. I cant see the necessity to buy 4 licenses for the one cart, the only reason there are 4 copies per cart is because LSDJ cant detect the entire 128K.

Egr, the way the FLASH is mapped divides the 128K SRAM across the flash in 4 32K blocks, hence the four copies on the one cart.

Reader/Writer PCB's and MCU's have arrived, waiting on the cart connectors and they'll be ready to ship. I can send an email off to Nitro2K01 and he should be able to add the protocol for the Altane to read and flash these carts, if you have one of these.

Yes that is my website, take a look around!

I will have more carts arriving in around 2-3 weeks. I will re-post when they are available or send me an email if you would like to reserve one.

matt's mind

so, in other words, you can only have four songs total on this cart?  if only a 32K ram size can be read, then you'll be disabling the file system on LSDJ.  which would ideally have a 128k ram size to allow for the file system.

which will mean one song per copy of LSDJ = 4 songs on the cart.

or am i missing something?

Australia

Hi Kitsch,

I'll email him now. You are saying it is better for the customer to make a donation so they hold the license? (so far the buyers have provided evidence of their own license. Hopefully I haven't stepped on anyone's toes!)

I'm new at LSDJ, just been playing with it on and off in my spare time. Is 32K not enough? Is there a noticeable difference between one instance running on 128k vs 32k? (other than the save/load options?)

I've been using these carts for testing my homebrew stuff and a game now and then. My brother suggested LSDJ as the carts can be tricky to source.

For those that have already paid, I will gladly offer a refund if the 32k SRAM is insufficient - I'm not in it for the $$$'s, its just a hobby.

Thanks for the heads up Kitsch

SLC, UT

These carts/flashers could be way awesome! I hope you can figure out the saves, these will sell like hotcakes.

matt's mind

no worries!  trying to help out smile

yeah, he prefers the individual end-user of LSDJ to hold the license.  in this way, he will have a way (an email address usually) that he can use when the person inevitably wants to upgrade their ROM, or something like this, and has forgotten their password or somesuch.  i've asked him before different types of public events, where it would be INSANELY easier for me to have pre-purchased licenses, and he just doesn't like to do it hmm  but, understandably based on the way he's running his system, I'm sure it does make it a lot easier.

[email protected] usually works for me, if not just get in touch with me somehow and i'll get you two in touch, won't be an issue. 

in short, there are generally two ways any vendor can legit put LSDJ onto someone's cart for them.
1) they validate their username/password to the FTP site (the info you get for 'purchasing the ROM')
2) they validate the purchase confirmation receipt from that purchase, some people simply don't trust other people with their u/p info (which is fair, so this provides an alternative for them)

you've basically just got to make sure the person who has purchased the thing with LSDJ on it has paid for LSDJ at some point (the access is for life, and per person, not per cartridge or copy of LSDJ per cart)

regarding the RAM size stuff, LSDJ is a little unique for a 'game' on this console in that is naturally has a 128k ram file, rather than a 32k file like a typical nintendo product.  LSDJ *will* work with a 32k RAM size, and in the same way you've got the cart set up now with 4 blocks of 32k, but it will disable the file system.  so, each copy of LSDJ gets only one song.

perhaps there are other features disabled with this ram size, i'm actually unsure. 

here is a good page on the wiki which mentions this, scroll down to the bottom.  its talking about the minimum requirements of a LSDJ cart: http://littlesounddj.wikia.com/wiki/Backup_Gear

PS -- i wouldn't let the ram size stuff totally bum you out, its just something to be aware of to let the customer know.  its ultimately up to them if that is a pro or con for what they want out of it.  like any product i guess.  this might be a better way for some people, i can imagine the lack of the file system would force a person to be more devoted to the project-at-hand

Australia
kitsch wrote:

so, in other words, you can only have four songs total on this cart?  if only a 32K ram size can be read, then you'll be disabling the file system on LSDJ.  which would ideally have a 128k ram size to allow for the file system.

which will mean one song per copy of LSDJ = 4 songs on the cart.

or am i missing something?

Yes, 1 song per copy. I'm working on a hardware workaround to map all 128k to the base address now. Alternately LSDJ could be patched to swap banks to access all 128K. Options...

How many files can be stored on the 128K? or is it song length specific?

Minneapolis, MN
atomsmasha wrote:

hmm might grab one, just did some reading on your site, seems legit! Is the cart reader/writer also available?

I believe it matters on somg data per song not some number of songs.