Puerto Rico

https://gbatemp.net/threads/introducing … it.374233/

The system's been hacked, comrades. I'm no programmer, but I'm working on getting a few copies of cubic ninja (the game that exposes the vulnerability and allows the exploit to run); and when/if I do get them I'll gladly donate one to any dev who wants to work on porting any music apps to the 3DS (LGPT? Nitro? Sunvox? Something new???).

Also I guess tweaking the NES emulator to be able to play nice with ntrq/pulsar would also be possible now, right?

Oh I'm sure someone will get to it when they have spare time.

Unsubscribe

Wont they just patch this in the next system update?

Indeed they will.

A homebrew developed tracker for the 3DS should really wait until either a permanent and unpatchable exploit is discovered, or Nintendo calls it quits on 3DS firmware updates. It doesn't look like either will happen anytime in the near future.

bed

Pretty sure this is unpatchable, is it not?
Edit: maybe not...

Last edited by sprusr (Nov 22, 2014 9:49 pm)

SLC, UT

Maybe I'm short-sighted, but what more could you really want than NitroTracker? It's extremely usable.

matt's mind

heart nitrotracker heart

São Paulo, Brazil
kitsch wrote:

heart nitrotracker heart

Sweeeeeeden
stargazer wrote:

Maybe I'm short-sighted, but what more could you really want than NitroTracker? It's extremely usable.

To be honest, it's kind of limited. If I recall correctly from last time using it before my NDS broke down, no support for editing commands. No support for playing back pitch commands (commands 1,2,3 missing, maybe even 0, arpeggio!) Clunky user interface. (Would have benefitted from LSDj style editing, A+directions for notes, in addition to the touch interface.) Overall crappy audio quality, though that could partially be blamed on the NDS hardware.

UK, Leicester
nitro2k01 wrote:
stargazer wrote:

To be honest, it's kind of limited. If I recall correctly from last time using it before my NDS broke down, no support for editing commands. No support for playing back pitch commands (commands 1,2,3 missing, maybe even 0, arpeggio!) Clunky user interface. (Would have benefitted from LSDj style editing, A+directions for notes, in addition to the touch interface.) Overall crappy audio quality, though that could partially be blamed on the NDS hardware.

I actually thought the interface worked quite well, it wasn't hard to switch between the tabs depending on what you wanted to do. The sample editing part was done really well, it works well with the stylusm and selecting what part of the sample you wnat ot use is quite precise.

I mean obviously, it's nowhere near finished because the only note command you have is volume, but it's fine for getting the basic idea of a song down.