Jelly Stone park, MD USA

Another question, I know there is a flash cart in the works but could this repo board be used? http://www.retrostage.net/
Provided that I flash a chip.
Yogi

Michigan
yogi wrote:

Another question, I know there is a flash cart in the works but could this repo board be used? http://www.retrostage.net/
Yogi

Sure, for the demo ROM. The SRAM won't be enough and that is 'only if' it is mapped to a portion of the same location.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
the mist toggles wrote:

Nice to see this tracker evolving so fast!

If there is space for graphics, there must be space for programming MIDI sync.
It should be possible to build an interface after that.
There is GENMDM that already has reached MIDI communication, so, it should be relatively easy.

A+ Midi sync. Iv'e been working on a NES sync interface and VegaPlay/Fami Slayer Sync rom. When Prodigy is released to the wild, could adapt the PIC interface without too much effort. As long as the tracker reads a controller button for sync triggers, no midi decoding needed on the Sega side.
Yogi

yogi wrote:

As long as the tracker reads a controller button for sync triggers, no midi decoding needed on the Sega side.
Yogi

There will be MIDI sync yes. But there's going to be more than cross console tracker synchronization. I'm also looking into MIDI controller input and more.

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
Jazzmarazz wrote:
yogi wrote:

Yogi

Sure, for the demo ROM. The SRAM won't be enough and that is 'only if' it is mapped to a portion of the same location.

OK thanks, that's what I was wondering. I know it's kind of early but just excited!
Yogi

Jelly Stone park, MD USA
CountSymphoniC wrote:
yogi wrote:

As long as the tracker reads a controller button for sync triggers, no midi decoding needed on the Sega side.
Yogi

There will be MIDI sync yes. But there's going to be more than cross console tracker synchronization. I'm also looking into MIDI controller input and more.

Oh that sounds great. Looking forward to this very much smile
Yogi

Solar System

Can we connect PS/2 keyboard via that port on side and use it for tracking???

Matej wrote:

Can we connect PS/2 keyboard via that port on side and use it for tracking???

Hey there. Only a 3 button gamepad in port 1 is supported at the moment. As stated before, I'll be investigating the use of mouse and keyboard in a later version.

Also, I finally tested Prodigy on a model 1 console today using an old tube TV with composite. The results are mixed, there are a variety of bugs not present on emulators that needs fixing before I can continue work on ADSR drawing.

Thankfully they should be easy fixes. On the positive side of things:
1) The font is quite readable
2) Animations work great and look superb
3) PSG works fine
4) It actually runs!

Canada

WOOOOO! Hello woooooorld.

United Kingdom

This project is going to be epic! So happy that it is still continuing!

Is there a demo of sorts available?

killadelphia

hell yez - if you need quality sample packs, I have a lot of ripped samples and patches from classic games.  I have a pretty good method going now.

.FILTHadelphia

Count me in. Is there a way to beta test this?

At present, the beta testing team is made up of starpause, L-Tron, and Lazerbeat. As the project expands, it's very possible that Prodigy Tracker will need more beta testers so we'll see soon enough.

On a side note, all the bugs that I recently found while doing preliminary tests on real hardware that weren't present on emulators have been fixed. VRAM is wiped at startup to prevent garbage display, Gamepad 1 is correctly initialized, Color RAM line dots are gone, YM2612 notes don't drop out anymore, and a nasty bug that I just found that caused patterns to be incorrectly loaded under certain circumstances have all been fixed. Prodigy now functions as intended on real hardware and works well on both US and Japanese consoles. Now that these have been taken care of, more real progress can be made.

16-bit tracking is proving to be quite an enjoyable experience so far!

Last edited by CountSymphoniC (Nov 22, 2014 11:38 pm)

killadelphia

If you need a beta tester, I'm dying to get my hands on a copy.  I have used a lot of trackers:  LSDJ, Famitracker, Deflemask, Goat Tracker, Cyber Tracker, Houston Tracker, Prophet 64, VGM Music Maker, Renoise, TFM, Pixitracker, Sunvox along with the VST VOPM.  I like to find bugs too.

Canada

damn son, that's so exciting. I'm not as seasoned as animal style, but I consider myself a decent genesis track-ist. If you need more testers, of course. Love to experiment and give opinions:)

@animalstyle & Jansaw, you guys have made great contributions to the project and have been really supportive. You're both in.

Now if you're going to be testing on emulators, there are two that are really great for debugging. Regen and Exodus. Exodus is much more accurate to the hardware but is slower and requires a x64 PC, but it's super for debugging. Of course testing on real hardware is important too.

I will release a ROM to the beta team as soon as I finish adding a couple more features and tune up the Playback engine a bit more.