Minneapolis, MN

Alright, so I made the following changes to my game boy:
RGBx3 backlight & RGB buttons hooked up to RGB switches,
Variable clock v4,
and an attempted RCA prosound. (Currently not working)

When the ribbon cable is unplugged from the back PCB I get audio out of both left and right of the the 1/8 inch stock headphone jack, (like so)

but when I plug in the ribbon cable the right audio cuts out completely. (again, like so)

any help/suggestions would be much appreciated.

Here are some photos of said game boy because it still looks cool!

Michigan

You have grounded to right channel by mistake. This happened to me. When you close the system it probably pushes the connection together, and when you open it, the audio is no longer grounded. Mame sure you shrink tube your wires!

Minneapolis, MN
Jazzmarazz wrote:

You have grounded to right channel by mistake. This happened to me. When you close the system it probably pushes the connection together, and when you open it, the audio is no longer grounded. Mame sure you shrink tube your wires!

This just happens when the ribbon cable is inserted, not even when the two halves are screwed together, but ill double check to make sure! Could it be a faulty prosound install? Thanks!

Last edited by TEOMAWKI (Nov 25, 2014 10:06 pm)

Minneapolis, MN
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Thanks for the info man, it turned out the right RCA jack was grounded against the LCD PCB. Just had to turn it about 45° and now everything works like a charm!

Michigan
TEOMAWKI wrote:
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Thanks for the info man, it turned out the right RCA jack was grounded against the LCD PCB. Just had to turn it about 45° and now everything works like a charm!

This was the exact thing that happened to me.