IT'S ALIIIIVEEEEEE!!!!

Last edited by Glitch Militia (Nov 26, 2014 11:41 pm)

More info!! Now!!

The GBA has the transverter mod/add on, which outputs composite video to the mini DVR which just records everything that goes in it. There's a 30mm filter thread on the camera, and on that there's a wide angle lens. Ontop of the cam there's a mic that goes to the mini DVR. I still need to find a good batterypack for it, so it can go portable. At the moment the Transverter is plugged into mains.

Next up:
Batterypack and a dual power regulator.
Making the transverter mod permanent aka. soldering the tiny ribbon cable.
Maybe front/backlit GBA.
Re-Housing the whole damn thing.
Hopefully using a DMG some day instead of GBA.

Last edited by Glitch Militia (Nov 27, 2014 12:01 am)

Sounds very cool! Would love to see some video from it.

Glitch Militia wrote:

Making the transverter mod permanent aka. soldering the tiny ribbon cable.

I've done this once *shudders*

detroit

this is tight af

Matthew Joseph Payne

what have we wrought?

kineticturtle wrote:

what have we wrought?

Yes, that is where your old transverter went tongue

Last edited by Glitch Militia (Nov 27, 2014 1:40 am)

I'll get some video for you tomorrow, but I can't really bring it anywhere in this state.

Edit: I'm going to sketch something up for the new casing. You're welcome to pitch in ideas if you feel like it smile

No delete, sorry about double post.

Last edited by Glitch Militia (Nov 27, 2014 1:42 am)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

If you need any 3D prints for the housing I'd be more than willing to send you a print for just the cost of shipping.

Seattle, WA

Video please.

jefftheworld wrote:

If you need any 3D prints for the housing I'd be more than willing to send you a print for just the cost of shipping.

Abselutely yes! But, how much does it cost to ship that thing to EU? What gear are you using? What printing material? I have never designed anything for 3D printing before, so is it even possible for me to design something like that?

Oh and guy's, it's not tethered anymore. It is now portable! https://www.flickr.com/photos/62235217@N07/15866192196/

And I took it for a spin! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OMWYe12G7KQ

Also I've noticed something. If it is in a very low light situation, the FPS can drop to as low as 1. Could someone with an overclocked GBA check if it helps?

Last edited by Glitch Militia (Nov 27, 2014 5:27 pm)

I hate this color palette! Luckely, someone seems to have created a 'minimal' video out mod for the DMG. Seem's like I might soon have a GBA with transverter mod in storage.

Just try the gray scale option or some other pallets when booting the Cart.

Detroit, MI

That's so cool! I wanna see a movie with that, regardless of how much it hurts my eyes.

9-Heart wrote:

Just try the gray scale option or some other pallets when booting the Cart.

I tried changing palettes in the "game" but I did not know you could change the palette of the GBA. Thanks for the tip! Cheat sheat for everyone, right here: http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/system … change.jsp

Aarrgh.. The greens are ridiculous. I guess I'll just stick to the grey.