SLC, UT

I don't hear much talk about Crying around here. They just released an album, and it's pretty good!

The vocals tend to be somewhat on the annoying side for me, but personally I think it's one of the only ways vocals could really work on top of chip sounds.

Check it out here: http://wearecrying.bandcamp.com/

Last edited by nitro2k01 (Dec 3, 2014 7:54 pm)

Los Angeles, CA

Crying are seriously the best thing happening in chipmusic right now.

Playboy Man-Baby

My band and I consider ourselves their "unofficial rivals" because we both come from the same relative area of NY, started at similar schools, and have the same setup (with the exception of our added bass player). We've been trying and failing to end up doing a show together for like over a year.

Some staggeringly drunk kid at a Halloween show this year told me that we're "like punk-Crying".

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Dec 2, 2014 10:38 pm)

Melbourne, Australia

It's funny, chip with vocals always has a taste that takes a while for me to get accustomed to, yet every chip artist I listen to with vocals I absolutely adore after a little while, so I'm giving Crying some more time of day now, and I think the process will be the same smile

Last edited by Calavera (Dec 2, 2014 10:42 pm)

SLC, UT
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

My band and I consider ourselves their "unofficial rivals" because we both come from the same relative area of NY, started at similar schools, and have the same setup (with the exception of our added bass player). We've been trying and failing to end up doing a show together for like over a year.

Some staggeringly drunk kid at a Halloween show this year told me that we're "like punk-Crying".

What's your band? Or is it just Invisible Robot Hands?

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:37 pm)

buffalo, NY

Cool band! Never met them though. 

They got on pitchfork by being on a record label, music journalism is a gated community yo

ohio gozaimasu

I think it's good if you're feeling sad and you want to vent that emotion somehow. A lot of people think it makes you weak or "less of a man" but I think it's fine in moderation

Washington, PA

I love Crying. I saw them live last month and other than the sound guy mixing the Game Boy too low, it was a great show.

I think they're ok. When they announced they were putting out an LP I was excited, but when I found out it was just the old EP put together with another EP that kinda put me off. Their stuff reminds me a lot of early Anamanaguchi stuff, though to me it's a lot weaker melodically. I guess vocals can kinda make up for that? Eh... not really.

In the grand scheme of things, I think there are/were a lot better chip bands out there (*cough* *cough* The Depreciation Guild, Chromelodeon, Noisewaves, Revengineers, Glen Eyrie, etc... *cough*), but they certainly aren't the worst. It's cool they're on a label, too. Though I really don't like Run For Cover Records. I feel like that label puts out some of the blandest records sometimes, but that's a whole different argument.

D D D Detroit, not the burbs

generally unless its immediate family, crying people are always an awkward situation

Puerto Rico

I've been listening them for forever but only because they're the opening track to the Tinycast. I think they're great.

Melbourne, Australia
DJCactus wrote:

generally unless its immediate family, crying people are always an awkward situation

The truth in this quote is being severely underappreciated

But seriously, I dig them. The vocals sometimes brush me the wrong way a little bit, but on the whole, excellent. Still prefer the likes of noisewaves and revengineers though.

Last edited by Panda Chan (Dec 3, 2014 10:10 pm)

Playboy Man-Baby
stargazer wrote:
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

What's your band? Or is it just Invisible Robot Hands?

Nuh, Invisible Robot Hands is just my solo dealie.
My band's album is sitting around until I finish recording vocals.

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:27 am)

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Oct 11, 2021 7:24 pm)