*little dance*

Where can i keep myself updated on your lcd project? smile

matt's mind

its not an open project or anything, so here is just as good a place as any i suppose.  i don't think there are even pics of it online at this point...

Can i ask questions or are the details secret? smile

matt's mind

uhhhh.  it just depends on the question really.  if they are pretty generic, i can help out. 

i've found that there is zero net benefit to openly discussing ongoing projects.  me being a blabbermouth has worked out badly in the past.  i tend to just drop cryptic hints here and there now to satisfy my urge to share in my excitement.  which is fun, because some people figure a lot out from very little information.  its neat

its an unfortunate way to be.  and it makes me feel like a turd being increasingly 'closed', its pretty counter to my ideal.  the system compels me towards this though.  so, down with the system?

Yeah just answer what you want to. Pretty boring questions though smile

How will the contrast compare to the original screen?
Will the screen be greenish like the dmg or gray/white like the pocket?
Will there be pre-backlit versions? Pre-biverted perhaps?
Will there be pre-prosounded versions? (with two 3.5mm jacks instead of one)
Will the pcb be the same size as the original one or will you be able to make it smaller?
Do you plan on making screens for the pocket as well?

And finally, what will the price tag be?

I am just guessing here, but I think if someone is going to the trouble of making new LCDs for the DMG they would take into consideration questions 1-3 all at once and go for the best contrast they can get , maybe including backlights, but probably making it easier to backlight than the originals.

Will it be more durable than the Nintendo ones?  I guess this doesn't matter if the stuff above is true.

Taichung, Taiwan

Kitsch,

Are you planning to carry any of Zerey Zhang's adapter cables for installing GBA SP screens into GBAs?

matt's mind

have looked into it, but budget is a little tight.  if you can grab them from alibaba or some such, i'd suggest doing that atm.  there are more important things coming up that require the monies

Taichung, Taiwan
kitsch wrote:

have looked into it, but budget is a little tight.  if you can grab them from alibaba or some such, i'd suggest doing that atm.  there are more important things coming up that require the monies

Roger that!

Spain

Hey Kitsch, I'm planning to make a big order off your site but regardless of the weight it always says $7 for shipping to Spain. Am I doing anything wrong?

matt's mind

nope!  i use a flat rate system.   even for the methods that don't actually have a flat rate price at the post, i flat rate economy too based off some calculations i do.  the rate hasn't needed to be adjusted for the last couple quarters when i've re-evaluated.

so, yeah, $7 is right, sorry about the confusion!

matt's mind

from the newsletter

hey everybody -

its finally clicked and i 'get it.' since i first looked into accepting crypto currencies some months ago, the availability of different tools and platforms exploded to make it a bit more reasonable to accept and then be able to utilize it myself.

so, if you'd rather pay with one of these methods please let me know! i'm not opposed to other types of crypto as well (dark, etc), but just need to make sure it is acceptable in one of the exchanges i've joined to facilitate this.

just email and get in touch if you wish to pay this way! its super easy if you have these currencies. time to leap into modernity smile

keep chipping!

matt

thanks for looking!

Puerto Rico

but when do the amp_dmg's come out?

matt's mind

from the newsletter

New! New! New!

A lot is going on around Kitsch-Bent headquarters.  Apart from an upcoming move to a *much* larger space (inventory has overwhelmed us, so we are expanding to a new space to allow for more), we're hard at work preparing new products and adventures for you, our valued customer.  We hope this newsletter finds you well!

NEW ITEMS:
GBA buttons
GBASP buttons
SNES buttons
slide potentiometer kits
cartridge shells

RESTOCKS:
how to make chip music vol. 1 zine
custom dmg case
frontlight kits
common ground dmg button PCBs
batt_dmg kits
RGBss kits

Some exciting news coming up soon (and perhaps an inventory reduction sale methinks), so make sure to stay tuned!

matt@kitsch-bent

thanks for looking!

Austin, TX

Any idea when you'd be getting el_dmg backlights back in?  amp_dmg's?