Swansea, UK

Hey, guys. I do a lot of work with LSDJ and Korg D-10, but it rarely comes out sounding chiptunish. I've posted stuff here before and people have been relatively interested to hear how I use these tools in very different settings to how they're usually used.

This EP is quite full of LDSJ parts, but not as you'd know them, give it a listen if you're interested:

https://simeonsmith.bandcamp.com/album/ … recurrence

West Yorks, UK

fookin awesome release man, got a lovely jackson and his computer band vibe going on.
love the cover art too.
maybe u meant ds-10 in the description?

Last edited by Domu (Dec 13, 2014 12:24 pm)

i absolutely love it, and I'm really interested in the production technique cos its hard to recognise LSDJ in there, im guessing you are more focused on the ds10 than the lsdj side of things?

UK

Wow.

Swansea, UK

Thanks for the comments.

Jody, my main workflow is getting source material that is melodically or harmonically interesting, but not necessarily texturally interesting, putting it into ableton and fucking with until it sounds good. There's loads of old MPC stuff that I put in Ableton along with VL tone, stylophone, game boy and loads of toys like that. I love time stretching things, applying reverb, resampling, turning that into a rack, chopping it up with autopan, dropping it a couple of octaves, resampling, repitching.... you get the idea. A lot of the percussion sounds are originally from loops taken from LSDJ and some of the pads are just time stretched reverbed arms. Hope that answers your question.

ohgodno, Indiana

this is really awesome, great textures

Canada

Smoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth.

California

Oh man, this is really nice. Love it!

Neat!

NC in the US of America

Yeah, man. I love that method of screwing with sources to make it sound how you want it to sound. Lots of fun with a digital audio workstation. Good stuff! big_smile

Not even going to listen for LSDJ parts in this. Just enjoy the music, hehe.

nice to hear a little bit behind it man, I got a lot of playing with LSDJ to do but once ive wrapped up a couple projects you've inspired me to take LSDJ to the DAW! really loved this release man thanks

Haunting and beautiful, this is some top notch stuff. If you hadn't told us it had lsdj in it I probly would never of guessed, real cool to listen to something so different.

Huntsville, AL

Awesome sounding!

Boise, ID

Really pretty music smile

france

I'd like to say a big thank.
This music is really great and I like guy like you which mix various instrument and technical tricks to make great song.

EDIT: we have now a lot of tools, nanoloop 1.x,2.x, LSDJ, C64, DS10 and the M version, and LGPT, so there is a lot of variation possible in the mix, and ok you need a daw to mix the together, but the result could be waooooh. And I like it.

Last edited by yoyz2k (Mar 12, 2015 5:56 pm)