Sweeeeeeden

Gradual Decline - A quick Gameboy glitch ROM by nitro2k01

This ROM explores the idea of what would happen if you wrote random data to random IO registers and random positions in video RAM. If you like audiovisual glitches, this is for you. The ROM generates randomized graphics, and bleeps, bloops and static. Sometimes it will even produce tones that are vaguely melodic, even if dissonant.

How to use

Burn to a flash cartridge and run. It’s a unique experience each time you run it. Even though this will not perceivably change the output of the ROM, you may press buttons to seed external entropy into the random number generator.

http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2014/12/17 … litch-rom/

Abandoned on Fire

Wicked!  Grabbing the rom now. Does it go on forever or will it eventually "break"?

Sweeeeeeden
egr wrote:

Wicked!  Grabbing the rom now. Does it go on forever or will it eventually "break"?

If by break, you mean repeat, yes it will repeat after maybe a few minutes.
If by break, you mean crash, no it won't crash. Maybe if you rip out the cartridge it will crash. Maybe.

Abandoned on Fire

Man, this is very cool. I'm playing it on My OldBoy emulator with slow clock speeds and various shaders and pallets.

Last edited by egr (Dec 17, 2014 1:30 am)

Tucson, AZ

Playboy Man-Baby
nitro2k01 wrote:
egr wrote:

If by break, you mean crash, no it won't crash. Maybe if you rip out the cartridge it will crash. Maybe.

I held down the A button in an emulator and it seemingly crashed after a bit.

That said, this is rad.

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Dec 17, 2014 4:16 am)

thats fucking wicked i will be using it for sure, in both audio and visual projects, i'll post links here when i do

Australia

Dude.  This is amazing work mate!  Keep it up.  Pretty hypnotic to watch.  Can't wait for some more devs from you :-)

nitro2k01 wrote:
egr wrote:

worked for over 10 minutes after I pulled the cart. doesn't look like that breaks it

Sweeeeeeden
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

Which emulator?? Note that it can sometimes appear to be dead for a couple of seconds.

Australia
nitro2k01 wrote:
egr wrote:

But if by break, you mean BRK ...

Playboy Man-Baby
nitro2k01 wrote:

Which emulator?? Note that it can sometimes appear to be dead for a couple of seconds.

BGB. It gave some kind of error.

Sweeeeeeden

Right click other, about and tell me the version number.

Playboy Man-Baby
nitro2k01 wrote:

Alive and well in fucksville

this is badass. similar sounds as a circuit bent casio sa-20.

Sweeeeeeden
nitro2k01 wrote:

And did you have the debugger open at the time?