To someone that has built an arduinoboy or owns one:

I just wired everything together. I powered on my gameboy pocket and plugged in the link cable and it turns on then the lights cycle one by one then the bottom three flash together and then the top three flash together then it repeats. Did I wire something wrong or is this just because I dont have a mgb or lsdj cart plugged in? I'm hoping its just because i need a cart and not cause i messed up somewhere. Thank you!Feel free to PM me.

Edit: I read this

5. Put your 64m Smart Card in the Gameboy and power on the Gameboy.  Wait for the software to load and the LED lights on the Arduino Boy to stop flashing

So it will just flash like that without a mGB or LSDJ cart? I cant wait to test this out. my cart should be here today hopefully so im looking forward to testing it out. Thanks!

Last edited by Sphirexx (Dec 24, 2014 9:14 am)

Sounds like your pushbutton is mounted the wrong direction so that it's continuously on. I should know, I accidentally did this as well and had the same behaviour on mine. tongue

Last edited by _-_- (Dec 24, 2014 9:22 am)

so just swap the wires on my push button and ill be good? I didnt know if it was just cycling waiting for software or not.

Im still having this issue. What else could be wrong? It's powered by the gameboy but that doesn't seem like an issue since it powers on the moment I flip the switch. I hope someone can help me out:(

Sweeeeeeden

Could we have a description of your wiring and/or a picture of how it looks currently?

It's a mess of wires but I've checked every connection so far and maybe thought it might've been that I was powering it through the 5v of the link cable so I tried it with a 9v battery on the raw of the arduino and same issue. I just dug up another thread and tbing it might be the button. I tested the button with an led and found two pins that when the button is pressed it lights up but isn't lit otherwise. But that aside I think my button my be the wrong kind? Here's what I ordered http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.vi … 1008569684  i may have to head to radioshack tomorrow and get the right kind if that's the issue and try again.

Sweeeeeeden

What happens if you disconnect the button? Then the repeated flashing should stop if nothing else is wrong. Also can you confirm HOW trhe switch is connected, and how the resistor is connected? Also, which value the resistor is. You must test this with the power turned off for the reading to be accurate. (Assuming you're using a multimeter.) Otherwise, what are the color of the bands on the resistor?

The resistor between the button and ground? It's blue in color and has two Browns followed by two dark blues and then a red band. With the button disconnect and the three wires that go to it (the power on one side and the one to 3 and the one to the resistor and ground on the other) one light flashes when it powers on then stops and  that's it. So maybe it is just the wrong type of button?

Correction: all the lights flash then the one above the status led flashs three times.

So I got the proper button and ended up just taking the button out all together and having it force into mGB mode. But now im having another issue. Maybe there's a loose wire it seems im going to go through everything again tomorrow before I call it quits but the arduinoboy will work with mGB on a pocket won't it? If not that's anther issue all together.

Last edited by Sphirexx (Dec 27, 2014 3:23 am)