Having a lot of trouble with the terminal and in general trying to sync the Gameboy via link cable and Nanoloop USB adapter to LSDJ, cant seem to find a clear step by step anywhere. if anyone has succeeded with USB sync on a MAC please help me out.

couldnt even get the gameboy to trigger the start of Ableton live

this guy has done it perfectly but with his own interface, i bought the USB thing to support oliver and it says on his webpage that its possible to sync with mac so i think it should work, I'm just not a high enough level haxer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OQpSCPxz-E8

Abandoned on Fire

I don't think the nanoloop adapter can send sync from the gameboy to the pc. It only transmits sync TO the gameboy.

"The USB-MIDI adaptor has three different MIDI modes for use with any MIDI-enabled PC-program. To set it to a specific mode, use the utility (download: Win / Mac version) with the following commands:"

http://www.nanoloop.com/midi/midi.html

That's the page that made me buy it, says it can sync with any program.. maybe only nanoloop can and not LSDJ I will try again with Nanoloop instead to be sure

"Sets the adaptor to nanoloop / LSDj sync mode. Once in sync mode, it will only listen to clock/start/stop messages and send the appropriate signals to the Game Boy, so that nanoloop / LSDj run in sync with a PC program. In the program, select "nanoloop MIDI" as the MIDI port for sync output.
"

should work with LSDJ

See i think my main problem is I don't understand how to use the terminal correctly

Los Angeles, CA
JodyBigfoot wrote:

"Sets the adaptor to nanoloop / LSDj sync mode. Once in sync mode, it will only listen to clock/start/stop messages and send the appropriate signals to the Game Boy, so that nanoloop / LSDj run in sync with a PC program. In the program, select "nanoloop MIDI" as the MIDI port for sync output.
"

should work with LSDJ

See i think my main problem is I don't understand how to use the terminal correctly

You can only send sync TO the gameboy.  Not from. If you're using LSDj, make sure you have it set to either midi or slave mode (experiment with which one works better for you, I had pretty variant results when I was trying stuff like this) and set up the adapter as a midi device.  Press start in ableton, and it should work.

Ok great thanks for that bit of help. Can you talk me step by step on the setting of the midi device the readme that comes with the software i download from nanoloop website was really confusing english

Los Angeles, CA

As far as I can tell, the terminal is only needed for backup of a nanoloop cart?  I might be wrong though.  As for ableton, this should help, the device should be called something like nanoloop midi or nlmidi https://www.ableton.com/en/articles/usi … zers-live/

a bit like an arduinoboy needs to be put on the right mode so does the usb connector it needs to be set onto MIDI mode, which is done in temrinal, but im having trouble

Abandoned on Fire
JodyBigfoot wrote:

a bit like an arduinoboy needs to be put on the right mode so does the usb connector it needs to be set onto MIDI mode, which is done in temrinal, but im having trouble

Quick "how to":

1. Open a terminal window
2. Change directories to the the unzipped nlmidi_04 folder that you downloaded from nanoloop.com
3. Type "nlmidi04" to run the program
4. (there will be some text instructing you to plug in the adapter or whatever and the syntax of the commands you can use)
5. For what you want to do you will then type "-SYNC" with all caps
6. (there will be some text telling you that it worked or it didn't)
7. Close the terminal window
8. Done.

great its step two that is what was described a bit strange in the readme that helps a ot thanks, gonna set this up right after xmas