Feryl wrote:
Ryan Galloway wrote:

Pitchfork's twisted, pay-your-way posts

Wait... so you resent the fact that you got on Pitchfork?

I never really cared about them and they kind of represent the very dark side of music writing. A large portion of my close friends are part of of this BK music scene so I'm exposed to a lot of PR strategy. The hype cycle is absolutely nauseating, especially since there's so much money and dealing involved without any of it truly being transparent to readers.

"Resent" is the wrong word. I think I'm closer to being ambivalent than anything else (specifically toward Pitchfork). At first, I was pretty excited about potentially being on a big site like that, no matter how they wrote; however, it's apparent that we were written about because we have a vocalist and because of our label, whose output has generally been enjoyed by Ian Cohen, the Pitchfork writer. If that wasn't the case, then Crying would most likely be ignored by them the same way they tend to ignore chiptune as a whole.

motion city soundtrack , jimmy eat world, yeah .......

i don't think i can do that to myself any more, that said, the music is well done , nice  : )

Playboy Man-Baby
Ryan Galloway wrote:

I'm also really curious about this "rival" band, though. Have we met? Tell me when and where your next NYC show is!

Heh. We haven't, no. There've been a few shows we almost played together but didn't. The more recent one was the Harvest Fest show at Bard College. As for our next NYC show, it looks like we're playing a show in Brooklyn the day after Christmas.

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Dec 23, 2014 7:51 pm)

IL, US
STereochan wrote:
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

The point: chipthrash peeps are out there (shoutout to datathrash records, but there's non-label dudes too), playing shows in basements alongside hardcore/harsh noise acts and telling twinkly bleepbloop chipmusic to get fucked.

... the Datathrash stuff is usually just adapting pre-existing genre forms without any interesting songwriting or experimentation beyond "look at all these crazy noises I can make".

im guessing you mean some of the earlier datathrash stuff, you should probably listen again and re-evaulate now that the label has more than 50 releases... or just go fuck yourself.. either works
on topic, this band is definitely not my thing and i personally think the game boy should be lower in the mix

TSSBAY01

getting back on topic, feel free to also go fuck yourself kevin

Madriz, Supain
Invisible Robot Hands wrote:

chipthrash peeps are out there (shoutout to datathrash records, but there's non-label dudes too), playing shows in basements alongside hardcore/harsh noise acts and telling twinkly bleepbloop chipmusic to get fucked.

"!!!

Hello. I only came to this thread to put emphasis on this.