320x240
640x480
1280x960
2560x1920

So. California

To start playing some shows!

Chips & Dip :3

Not dying. That's mine.

My resolutions for 2015 are 1920x1080 on 2 of my screens, 1366x768 on my native screen in the laptop, and iirc 800x600 on my Tuxbook

just kidding

My 2015 resolutions are a) rehabilitating my classical acoustic guitar (needs a new nut and probably new frets, also I need to get light tension nylons), b) at least learning all there is to know about rhythmic guitar and a bit of lead (rest of lead, blues, and jazz would be my 2016 resolutions), and c) completing more than 2 songs in a year >:(

Oh, and I guess practicing a bit of Java. I'm also interested in drawing, but I guess that's gonna have to wait a bit longer... Never too late, apparently.

Last edited by El Huesudo II (Jan 1, 2015 7:31 am)

El Huesudo II wrote:

My resolutions for 2015 are 1920x1080 on 2 of my screens, 1366x768 on my native screen in the laptop, and iirc 800x600 on my Tuxbook

just kidding

My 2015 resolutions are a) rehabilitating my classical acoustic guitar (needs a new nut and probably new frets, also I need to get light tension nylons), b) at least learning all there is to know about rhythmic guitar and a bit of lead (rest of lead, blues, and jazz would be my 2016 resolutions), and c) completing more than 2 songs in a year >:(

Oh, and I guess practicing a bit of Java. I'm also interested in drawing, but I guess that's gonna have to wait a bit longer... Never too late, apparently.

You'll find eventually that writing bass, rhythm and lead melodies are very roughly the same in concept. They may have different functions but the way they're written are too similar for me anyways. Each have their own rhythm, their own musical scales/pitches and so forth. It's how they interact with the base tempo of the song and each other that makes them interesting. Research this. You'll do just fine. Learn about swing and learn from your favorite artists. Bam! Eventually you'll know when you "got it".

My New Year's Resolution? To eject from the rails of expectation and facilitate the combustion of the neural networks of the ones that might attempt to predict the evolutionary cycle of a hierarchical structure of inhuman language which is used to satisfy the desires of a population who's tendency it is to take ideas and translate them to aural abstractions. Anyone that understands this is inherently evil.

Riverside, CA
El Huesudo II wrote:

1366x768

I have no choice. This is a laptop.

Oklahoma City, OK

My resolution for 2015:

-Release something new. Would like to put out another EP plus a debut full-length album, but we'll see.
-Play more shows
-Not worry about the small stuff
-Have more confidence in my abilities, musically and otherwise.
-Stop saying sorry all of the time, like it's a fucking reflex.
-More participation in all things chiptune and chip related, online or offline.

MAGfest will be a great start to some of these, I feel. smile Happy 2015, everyone.

dont do anything i know i shouldnt!

Noosa,QLD,Australia

Get better with Nanoloop (I guess thats an ok resolution??).

Riverside, CA
El Huesudo II wrote:

I have no choice. This is a laptop.

There's plenty of choice man, lots of Thinkpads for example have 1920x1200 screens.

my new years resolution is to spend hundreds of £$€ of money on a new laptop even though i can barely afford rent so that some douche on chipmusic.org wont post vomit gifs about my inferior screen size

Sweden

My resolution this year is to get rid of the strange pride and attachment I have to totally vapid and uninteresting things like monitor resolutions.

Riverside, CA
sandneil wrote:

my new years resolution is to spend hundreds of £$€ of money on a new laptop even though i can barely afford rent so that some douche on chipmusic.org wont post vomit gifs about my inferior screen size

Mad as fuck, wow. You can get a T61 for like $50.
edit: also it's a .jpg

Last edited by The Silph Scope (Jan 2, 2015 1:10 am)