So about a month ago I modded a dmg gameboy with a backlight and new case. I havent had any games for it cause I sold all of mine years ago, but  I finnaly got some. when testing the gameboy it always showed the shadded nintendo bar like normal, but when I put a game it it would show a blank screen with a black line across the top like it was trying to show the nintendo logo.
My question is why isnt it working?

UK

Have you tried new batteries? Also is the cartridge a game or a EMS/Flash cart?

Had an issue like yours when I put a blank cartridge in, the bar would show though nothing afterwards.

When your batteries run low esp on a backlight Gameboy - the same thing can also occur with bar showing then it going blank afterwards.

EDIT:- Grammar

Last edited by CS (Jan 3, 2015 2:26 am)

What games did you get...?

All the original japanese pokemon games, and final fantasy legends 2+3. Also I found the issue. the guide I followed for installing the backlight was wrong. I was tinkering around and found out the backlight's negetive wire was in the wrong soder. Thanks for the help though!

Joexv wrote:

All the original japanese pokemon games, and final fantasy legends 2+3. Also I found the issue. the guide I followed for installing the backlight was wrong. I was tinkering around and found out the backlight's negetive wire was in the wrong soder. Thanks for the help though!

Good set of games.
Glad you got your issue sorted. :-)