farts

i doubt im the only one...

currently eating roasted garlic hummus and white cheddar cheez its drinking wine and PH is playin like a sir.. so dank

Gosford, Australia

yeah they're p good

Sestri Levante, Genova, Italy

They're great

Nottingham, UK

My lame-to-fame: My brother's ex-girlfriend was Beth Gibbons' niece.

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Jan 6, 2015 10:20 pm)

farts

nice! im actually working on a remix of it could be sweet right now

IL, US

i like the first two albums, but sort of dont listen to them much anymore....
i played a show with this guy Doldrums a few years back who did a split 12" with Portishead that came out that month (late 2009 , called "Chase the Tear").. but since it was in a standard chicago show, there were only like 12 people there (including artists)... it was kind of fun though and after soundcheck Doldrums was was walking around humming the song i soundchecked with

fucking awesome singer and production

nashville,tn
e.s.c. wrote:

i like the first two albums, but sort of dont listen to them much anymore....
i played a show with this guy Doldrums a few years back who did a split 12" with Portishead that came out that month (late 2009 , called "Chase the Tear").. but since it was in a standard chicago show, there were only like 12 people there (including artists)... it was kind of fun though and after soundcheck Doldrums was was walking around humming the song i soundchecked with

They were the first "electronic" band I really got into as the 90's grunge thing kinda burned out. The third record is worth checking out. I'll admit I thought it was meh when I first heard it. I relistened  a couple years back and it really grew on me, especially after reading about their process of making it. Adrian Utley ( guitar) is just phenomenal. That spy/art trash/jazz/heroin chic thing he's got going is just too cool. So much guitar during that decade was mega meat head or crispy clean, I always favored the cobain, greenwood, moore, etc. school of beautiful twisted melodic noise.

France (au milieu)

like them too... still even have the 2 first albums in the car (I have to respect some ''girly-music'' rate, as mandatory positive musical discrimination... for madam...even have a shitty bob marley best off, do not EVER get married !!! )

but they sound far too pop-ish to me

and never as classy as Massiv-Attack or Cinematic Orchestra

by the way, do you guys have some examples of cool chip downtempo/ abstract HH ?

England

lots of great memories attached to that band, got me into understanding electronic music and then exploring more dance music when i was a kid

Last edited by Jellica (Jan 7, 2015 8:41 pm)

Chicago, IL

so so good! some of the most unique scratching/dj'ing ever. so original. i love that film noir vibe...

farts

honestly i thought this thread was gonna die good stuff!

Seattle, WA

Never heard of this. What should I listen to first?

Detroit

yeah they aite

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I've never heard of this, what's a band?

Puerto Rico

I've heard this live album more times than I remember. My mom's a huge fan. The alien soundscape on the first track used to freak me out. It's really good stuff.