Joliette, QC, Canada
Xuriik wrote:

Uhhhh, I don't know how underrated Little Samson (and the AMAZING WeeklyTreats glitchy romhack that LTC did of it!) and Blaster Master are, but they're great as well.

They use a picture of Little Samson for my weeklytreats track in 2013 ! smile
http://weeklytreats.bandcamp.com/track/thrashboy

Chicago, IL

How did I never play Shatterhand??  Controls are a little sticky, but its good. Also the first boss is totally M. Bison with a gun.

Sad thing is there is no save state working for NES, that limits any real progress to password games (i just don't have the whole day to play NES anymore)

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:23 am)

Joliette, QC, Canada

oh darn, I totally forgot to throw Totally Rad in my NES list !

Chicago, IL

Rockman No Constancy - I have played that, it's probably the best MegaMan experience on the NES, the way the recreated the first level of MegaMan X is just awesome. Zelda Outlands is another nice romhack, so hard though. I did a few articles about those a while back. There's some killer Sonic hacks too, so professional!

Totally Rad is one I used to own when I was like 12...super good rock tunes on that one, insane bosses. Another weird one I happened on was Low G Man - imagine megaman or metroid, but you can jump about 4 screens high when fully powered up.

Thanks to all for your comments, I'm slowly working through the list. One I stumbled on that was pretty cool was SCAT Cybernetic warrior - kind of like contra/gradius. It has a pretty cool system that allows you to reposition your "options" in real time. Its WAY too hard though, I can't even pass level 1, it's the closest thing to bullet hell i've seen on the NES.

I tried Cocoran, no idea what was going on there!!

Last edited by BeatScribe (Jan 9, 2015 12:59 pm)