Minneapolis

I know this isn't exactly a chiptune release, but many people here in the chip community, including myself, take Planet Boelex as a huge inspirational force and his work is deeply respected. Check it out, "Raja" is his first all-new release in quite some time now:

http://softphase.org/netlabel/releases/sfp13

This work is truly fabulous, and continues a strong tradition of works from Planet Boelex. His previous works follow low-fi, 8 bit, and glitch themes more strongly than this one, but anyone who claims to care about electronic music in general should give this a listen since Planet Boelex, in my not-so-humble opinion, is one of the cornerstones of modern independent electronic music.

Russia

Totally agree. Mr. Boelex among with Mosaik, Bad Loop, Recue and Henrik Jose (known as Bliss) is one of these electronic musicians who deserve to be heard. And once you heard it, you'll never stop. "Raja" and his past releases "Suunta" and "Little World" are my favours from the whole Boelex' catalog.

uhajdafdfdfa

Second Thoughts EP and Suunta were my favourites, I will check this one out too. I never heard any low-fi or 8-bit in his work before, though!

Minneapolis

Low-fi and 8 bit are his inspirations. Glitches are present as part of his signature sound. So lush! And thanks for the other suggestions C-Jeff, I'm going to check them out as well.