Cleveland, Ohio

Hey,  I was putting together a little chord cheat sheet to use for arpeggio / chord tables. Maybe you guys would find it useful.

yeah really useful thank you

matt's mind

indeed useful, thanks!

Minneapolis, MN

Arp Arp Arp!

Thanks!

Last edited by TEOMAWKI (Jan 20, 2015 9:08 pm)

Los Angeles, CA

This is also pretty useful http://aanaaanaaanaaana.net/page.php?di … =arpmaster

Can I just ask what the scale notes column means? I'm not a musical theorist, i understand the last column cos its in LSDJ language, but that one is a little confusticating

Whateverville, California

Many thanks! big_smile

JodyBigfoot wrote:

Can I just ask what the scale notes column means? I'm not a musical theorist, i understand the last column cos its in LSDJ language, but that one is a little confusticating

The numbers in the scale notes column refer to which notes of the major scale make up a chord. So a 1 is the 1st note of the scale, 3 is the 3rd and so on. If the note number is preceded by a 'b', it's flattened, or shifted down one semitone. If the note number is preceded by a '#' it's sharpened, or shifted up one semitone.

For the C major scale it would be
1=C
2=D
3=E
4=F
5=G
6=A
7=B
8=C
and so on.

Granada, Spain

Love it, thanks

On closer inspection, the note numbers are explained in the cheat sheet. Check out the yellow table on the left.

Cleveland, Ohio

I'm glad you guys find this useful! I might make another chart for scales. I'll include some wacky ones.

Mrwimmer wrote:

This is also pretty useful http://aanaaanaaanaaana.net/page.php?di … =arpmaster

This is a nice reference tool!

France (au milieu)

hi guys,

how do you manage a 4 notes chords ?
table, but how ?

(RTFM ?)

Cleveland, Ohio
Sesska wrote:

hi guys,

how do you manage a 4 notes chords ?
table, but how ?

(RTFM ?)

Here's an example of a Major 7th table.

(i put a hop in there because it sounded nice looped at that point in context, so this actually just loops 0 - 4 - 7 - B - C )

so this table plays Hex sequence 00 - 04 - 07 - 0B - 0C - 07 - 04 - 00 ( 0C being the root note + 1 octave), or notes 1 - 3 - 5 - 7 of the major scale (a Major 7th!)

put this on a C note and it plays C E G B [C] B G E....

tables are nice to make chords more interesting than just the C command, like you could also put
0B
0B
0C
0C

for a slower chord arp, or

0B
0C

for some nice texture.

orlando floriiiiiiiida

thanks a ton dude!

Cleveland, Ohio
cosmicosmo wrote:

thanks a ton dude!

No problem, guys!

I was thinking, maybe I'm not giving the C command enough credit.

who needs tables anyway?

France (au milieu)

thanks lazier gunz

I have not really explored this side of LSDJ, being focused on getting some decent bass lines and fat sounding kicks... but this does open new horizons

LSDJ is definitely a wide world to discover (with so little time to spend on it : / )