Boston, MA

Hi folks! I just finally managed to get a PS/2 keyboard hooked up to LSDJ and have it produce notes based on which keys I press. However, it is still extremely glitchy, with jumping instruments, tables, and and sometimes channels (leaving PU1 droning while it starts playing on PU2, etc.), as well as the occasional crash. Do you guys know of any ways to fix this?

I used to run v4.4.0, but that does not appear to work with the Keyboard at all. I have now tried 4.7.3 and and 2.6.3, both of which work with roughly the same amount of glitchiness (4.7.3 seems to crash a bit more). Are there any versions known to be more stable? How about certain keyboards over others? Is there perhaps some sort of grounding trick that would stabilize it a bit more (oh, also- I am currently powering the keyboard off a 9V battery as I only have DMG-04 cables)?

Any Help Would Be Greatly Appreciated!!!
Justice McThankYou

Puerto Rico

If you're playing an instrument with an envelope of X8 or higher, it will always drone on until stopped with a kill command, or another note gets played. Since you switched channels, nothing killed that note, which is why it drones. So, if you want to avoid that, don't play rising/steady envelopes with your keyboard, don't switch channels, or set up a quick table with a K (or an EX7 so the release isn't immediate) that you can quickly trigger from the spacebar.

Other than that, well, I have a thread about this here which you might want to read, but my suggestion would be to stick with 4.7 and up, and restart after loading every song. It usually will not crash on me after doing that, unless I load a new song.

Boston, MA

Hi Xurik- that thread doesn't really seem relevant to this issue, but that's good to know about lag! Also, my issue isn't that I'm intentionally switching channels- it's that the channels switch on their own, due to some sort of buginess with my system. What I want to know is if there is anything I can do on the hardware software side to prevent/minimize the glitches (the changing of channels, instruments, tables, etc. that happen without my input).

Any Thoughts On That???
Justice McWouldReallyLikeToGetThisSlightlyStabilized

P.S.- Cool trick on the space bar "kill" table, though! Thanks for that as well!

Unsubscribe

didnt read properly... edit

Last edited by herr_prof (Feb 2, 2015 6:13 pm)

Puerto Rico

I haven't heard of any dmgs or cartridges having anything to do with keyboard errors, and the latest versions of lsdj work (more or less) for me and everyone I've heard from; so it's probably hardware. Maybe try to stop powering the keyboard from a 9v battery and see if that helps?

You can always cannibalize another link cable to add the missing power pin to your cable; or add a ps/2 port to your dmg and plug in an unmodified keyboard. Hope you can get this sorted out!