I currently own a "EMS 64m USB flash cart" the Battery operated saving device battery is dead
and when i try and flash something on the cartridge it becomes all glitchy
so I cannot flash my  .lsdsngs files, Is there anyway i can resolve this?

Minneapolis, MN

Maybe one of these http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/32 … nt-battery , though, It says for 32m not 64 so I'm not sure it would work the same.

Michigan

Pull out the battery and read what kind it is, then go to any grocery and grab a new one.

matt's mind
Jazzmarazz wrote:

Pull out the battery and read what kind it is, then go to any grocery and grab a new one.

^ this.  or a walgreens, CVS, or any place with coin cell batteries.  whatever is closest, i forget the # off the top of my head but they are very common

the 32M types have solder tabs on them, which you don't need

Minneapolis, MN
kitsch wrote:

^ this.  or a walgreens, CVS, or any place with coin cell batteries.  whatever is closest, i forget the # off the top of my head but they are very common

the 32M types have solder tabs on them, which you don't need

Ahhh ok, good to know.

Is it cr2032 or am i wrong?

matt's mind

i think you're right.  its that, or 2025 or something.  one of the very common ones

i should really commit that to memory tongue

Michigan
kitsch wrote:

i think you're right.  its that, or 2025 or something.  one of the very common ones

i should really commit that to memory tongue

Or carry them for convenience. Have a drop down on your 64ems page for "cart + spare battery". I bet you could sell them at cost and drive a little extra traffic for people googling it.

matt's mind

yeah, that isn't a bad idea at all!  i should just make a generic 'batteries' product page perhaps, and do that for other common types too

thanks jazz!

The EMS 64M cartridge I have uses a tiny CR1225 battery. Most grocery/pharmacy stores carry 1225, 2016, 2025, 2032, etc batteries either on a special battery rack or in the hearing aid section if they're not near standard batteries.

Playboy Man-Baby

I use a 1220. I have this weird feeling that the Rite Aid that sells them near my house only keeps them in stock for me, because there's always only one or two of them on the 1220 rack.

Last edited by Invisible Robot Hands (Feb 17, 2015 9:09 pm)

Brazil - Japan

Hello guys, I purchased this EMS 64 about 4 years ago, last week the files were gone (back up was ok) i tried to record something, but it won't save it if i turn off the device. Fine, i bought an overcharged battery (Brasil) 1220 (Sony), so i went home to save some shit and be happy, right? i tested it quickly, saved some patterns, turn it off, turn it on, it is there! so i made a neat track, but, unfortunately, next time i turned it off, it didn't come back with the saved files...is the cartridge dead? should i drop it off?

Central Pennsyltucky

Not sure what you mean by "overcharged".. Is it a lithium rechargeable like for a motherboard?
They don't hold the same voltage continuously over time, the way a disposable battery does.

The drugstore/market solution may still be the best answer here.

Brazil - Japan

By overcharged i mean, overpriced, with the price beyond average, like 3 to 4 times more expensive. it is not rechargeable.

vblank wrote:

Not sure what you mean by "overcharged".. Is it a lithium rechargeable like for a motherboard?
They don't hold the same voltage continuously over time, the way a disposable battery does.

The drugstore/market solution may still be the best answer here.

Last edited by droid-on (Oct 15, 2015 4:53 pm)

Central Pennsyltucky

If you don't have a way to test the battery (even an LED), I'd verify the contacts before giving up on it.
Pull the battery, wipe it off, re-seat it. Make sure the metal clip on the lower edge snaps over the top. Make sure the "+" is up.
The fact that it worked for a second suggests a low battery charge or a loose contact. There just aren't that many contacts on these that could be loose, unless you pried hard against the plastic to get the old battery out.

Brazil - Japan
vblank wrote:

If you don't have a way to test the battery (even an LED), I'd verify the contacts before giving up on it.
Pull the battery, wipe it off, re-seat it. Make sure the metal clip on the lower edge snaps over the top. Make sure the "+" is up.
The fact that it worked for a second suggests a low battery charge or a loose contact. There just aren't that many contacts on these that could be loose, unless you pried hard against the plastic to get the old battery out.

So, problem solved! somehow the battery slot disconnected from the board (the lower junction, there are 2 solders for the battery, + and - i think), the cartridge is 5 yo, so it was a good deal to change the battery. this was a simple problem, learn form my mistakes people smile this cartridge is indeed a high quality item. sometimes i just throw it in the bag after playing, or left it unprotected on the game boy slot.

Thanks for the advice, vblank!