Hey,

3rd track with LSDJ. Still learning wink

https://soundcloud.com/roballison/lsdj-demo-3

I am finding it hard to make long melodies in a tracker (completely new to me!)

Any feedback would be very welcome.

Thanks!

Last edited by 2X4B (Feb 25, 2015 9:33 pm)

UK / FR

Well this sounds pretty great to me already.

If I'm having difficulties with longer or complex melodies I sometimes jam over the top of an lsdj loop with an old casio keyboard to find what fits.  If I'm feeling lazy I just shift one of the PU channels up/down an octave to beef it up or throw some W or V commands in there to add variety, like on those long sustained notes. Dunno if that helps at all.

Thanks man. I've not used the W command yet. Time to read the manual again wink

Paris

Seams great to me also. Amazing how you learned lsdj so fast.
I would have fancy heavier bass and kick however.

rot wrote:

If I'm having difficulties with longer or complex melodies I sometimes jam over the top of an lsdj loop with an old casio keyboard to find what fits.

This is totally what I do too,  the VL Tone works great...Small Casios are nice to have around for this purpose.

Anyways,  the song sounds great!  I don't understand how some people have such great sounds/songs right out of the gate while I've had LSDJ for like 2 years and I still suck.   Good work!

NC in the US of America

Vibrato command comes in handy on long notes.

Honestly i can't imagine how these melodies can be any better than they already are. Seem plenty long enough to me. Maybe throw in some flourishes and variation of the main melody after it's been stated in its simplest form (theme and variations).

This sounds great as it is and for what it's for, imo. I like the wavkit samples you chose.

Edit: Can't wait til you start playing around with wav channel percussion stuff ^.~

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Feb 26, 2015 5:04 am)

Holland

Make 5 different versions of a song, and try out different melodies. Also add notes in between or change some notes two or four bars up or down.

I also generally dislike songs where it's just 2 minutes of incoherent melodies, but I guess that's more because I myself, really try to make songs in a more standard pop structure with clear verse, chorus and bridge/solo parts. Give people something to remember. "Oh that verse melody is so fucking awesome, can't wait for it to come around again later in the song." I guess those ideas make people remember songs and wanting them to play it again.