Hoping to FINISH asong foronce

Cm.o no like Imgur links:

http://m.imgur.com/x904MCv

Last edited by TheRektafire (Mar 10, 2015 11:04 pm)

Unsubscribe
herr_prof wrote:

[img ][/img ]

Just remove the quotes.

Last edited by herr_prof (Mar 11, 2015 1:03 am)

Hoping to FINISH asong foronce

I did... I just didn't add the .PNG... Man, I shouldnt be trying to make chiptunes if I can't even bbcode :5

Geneva, NY

I would just like to say that I got piggy working easily on a Samsung Galaxy S5 running Lollipop.  Tossed the configuration files from the zip in the system folder and was good to go. HOWEVER, I got the black screen after sricing my goto config.xml file in the piggy folder. Why? I had a SCREEN MULTIPLE command in there. Everything was fine after I removed that line.

Italy

I have to bring back this thread from the land of the dead, because I also have a problem with running Piggy in Android/PPSSPP.
Most of it works fine and was easy sailing (thanks @bleo for the config files, those definitely sorted out the initial problems with the "black screen of uncertainty").

The issue I have is just that everything sounds kinda crap. It's not like I am expecting Piggy to sound super hi-fi, but if I compare simple waves (eg. square or sinus set to oscillator looping) with the Mac version, the difference is quite big. One sounds halfway like a sinewave, the other like a jumbled mess of random noise with a faint reminiscence of a sine wave.

I guess it's the way the emulator handles audio, but maybe there's a way to solve that. Or maybe I just missed something obvious about how Piggy works.
Does anybody else have this problem? I can post a recording if that makes it easier.

Last edited by rumpelfilter (Mar 29, 2019 9:21 am)

Unsubscribe

Does the same thing happen with a more high quality sample?

Joliette, QC, Canada

Started doing it like a week ago because I got a sweet android controller with a phone bracket on it !
PPSSPP works A1 on my S9, got a lot of tweaking (but it was more to run big games like crisis core, LGPT works #1 with stock setting on my phone) but everything is stable now and it is really easy to transfer sample on it compared to my pspgo that I always lose hTotally my way to piggy now ! smile

Italy

Does the same thing happen with a more high quality sample?

I have just tested it with the stock samples, but good point, I'll upload a sample of my own and report back.

Italy

I did some more testing. No matter which wave I use, it always sounds the same. I was actually able to somehow pinpoint the problem I think. Basically when I record the output and then zoom into the waveform, this is what I see:

It's not a clean sine wave, but it's like something makes it randomly reset  and this creates alll these jumps in the waveform. Also there is some low frequency mixed in.

It's most certainly something PPSSPP does, but I can't figure out how to get rid of it. Or maybe it's just Android's audio?

Anyway, you can download both the original sine waves I have used and a recording of how it sounds in piggy on my phone here:
https://cloud.indie.host/s/Rabe3ia2gRKpsdW

Italy

Little update. I did test various versions of PPSSPP, since some people reported audio being glitchy in general with all versions after 1.3. What I was initially running was 1.1. Tried several other versions, but 1.3 doesn't run at all, and indeed everything past that sounds even more glitchy. At this point I think I'm giving up for now. Too busy to be bothered with solving these issues. Not even sure if they can be solved tbh, since it seems to be a general problem with PPSSPP.
I guess I'll look into some other means to run Piggy in the future, since I quite like it.

Czech Republic

OK. Once again... What about Android build of piggy?

Unsubscribe

No one is working on one, but the source is available!