United States

Hope it's ok if I ask a question here, if not feel free to delete my post like it never happened smile What tips do you guys have for making mod style music, besides opening up .xm files in milkytracker and just making your own tune? big_smile

Hoping to FINISH asong foronce

Well, first off, there isn't really ".mod style music", considering mod is a data format for trackers... I mean, saying mod style music is like saying Ogg style memoirs... which can't exactly happen, can it? tongue

As for tips, well, the only real " tip" I can personally give you is that you need to know how to make music (duh). Whatever music you make is entirely up to you though smile

United States

I can do that big_smile

listen to loads of italo disco, ABBA, paula abdul and the top gun soundtrack

record some triad chords from the orchestra strings preset on your keyboard at 4000Hz quality and save them as COPYRIGHT ICEWOLF DO NOT STEAL.WAV

change your name to IceWolf^XFP^LRG^NRX^PTF^QNT

United States
sandneil wrote:

listen to loads of italo disco, ABBA, paula abdul and the top gun soundtrack

record some triad chords from the orchestra strings preset on your keyboard at 4000Hz quality and save them as COPYRIGHT ICEWOLF DO NOT STEAL.WAV

change your name to IceWolf^XFP^LRG^NRX^PTF^QNT

LOL!

Oooooo, I like the Top Gun soundtrack. I was thinking of doing a NES cover of Danger Zone sometime... The version from the actual TG NES game is pretty abysmal , lol. That is, if it was even supposed to be a cover in the first place. Probably not, but oh well, you get my point.

montreal, qc

And now to actually help you instead of being a smartass big_smile

http://milkytracker.org/docs/Vhiiula-Te … ipping.txt

This is a pretty long tutorial on the Milkytracker site describing how to make chiptunes. Now, I honestly haven't read that far into it myself, but I would assume that it would be pretty helpful, regardless of whether you're making chips or not.

United States
TheRektafire wrote:

And now to actually help you instead of being a smartass big_smile

http://milkytracker.org/docs/Vhiiula-Te … ipping.txt

This is a pretty long tutorial on the Milkytracker site describing how to make chiptunes. Now, I honestly haven't read that far into it myself, but I would assume that it would be pretty helpful, regardless of whether you're making chips or not.

Alright, I'll check that out.

vancouver, canada

gotta keep this thread aliiiiiiiiive

with two versions of radix's 'i realize'

random cool fact: i actually knew the girl who did the spoken-word vocals for this song, turns out we live in the same city and we crossed paths at a BBS meet years ago.  but that was well before this song's first version came out.