hiding under your bed

Not really chip gear, but between coats on a new DMG I'm working on I decided to make a Metal Mario Amiibo. I think it turned out pretty well.

Question:
Presuming that all electronics is in the base and you can remove the figurine without destroying the base, would people be interested in actual metal cast Amiibo's? Judging from the pictures of the Amiibo lineup, it would be possible with a fair amount of them. Materials like; Aluminium, brass, copper, silver and gold. The brass, copper and silver could be oxidized with good results if you'd want it.

South UK

It was my buddies birthday yesterday, so I made him this to go with his Ocarina of Time limited 3DS. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Minneapolis, MN

Just Finished up these two!

Chips & Dip :3
Category wrote:

It was my buddies birthday yesterday, so I made him this to go with his Ocarina of Time limited 3DS. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

Holy crap that's awesome!!!!

hiding under your bed

Custom commissioned DMG for Curious Quail!

Category wrote:

This looks great! Mind talking a bit about how you got the graphics on there so cleanly?

South UK
Adil Soubki wrote:
Category wrote:

This looks great! Mind talking a bit about how you got the graphics on there so cleanly?

Cheers! Well, first of all, Photoshop - got the graphics from the 3ds, and edited a Yoshi egg into it - gives it a bit of Links Awakening flavour.

Then I cheated, and printed the decals out onto decal paper. Sealed that with acrylic spray, then I just cut to size, dupped in water, and slid the graphics onto the case. Left a horrible white border around the logos which I hid with some warhammer miniature paints. Then a spray over the lot with some cleat coat, and boom! Product as you see it.

Because of the decal paper I used, I'm not sure how long it will last. Too much sweat and moisture and they may just come straight off. Its _definitely_ not dishwasher safe!

But as it is, my buddy was real happy with it - and it'll last forever as a pretty piece for the shelf!

He doesn't care about chiptune, so no mods added other than the backlight, so all in all was a pretty easy custom.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:21 am)

Finland

Gosh, so much mouthwatering stuff here! *drool*

Just finished this machine smile
It's a preset drum computer and sound bank (you can play drum sounds via Midi.)

The stick scrambles the rhythm, the points are all circuit bend points. The knob in the middle sends data signals from the red points to the line in for square wave bass sounds smile

It also looks like a face.

Seattle, WA
Timbob wrote:

-snip-

The stick scrambles the rhythm, the points are all circuit bend points. The knob in the middle sends data signals from the red points to the line in for square wave bass sounds smile

This is really neat.

Dire Hit wrote:
Timbob wrote:

-snip-

This is really neat.

Thanks smile
I'll make a vid of it soon, post it here.

NUMBSKULL
Apes*** wrote:

Daaaaang. That switch install and prosound jack mounting, so clean. Man that just won't quit! I think you've posted before, but how do you get the jack mount hold so clean? Drill it and then file like crazy?