threw this together after someone posted a midines editor for similar purposes,
it's an ableton live rack with all the midi CCs mapped for trash80s mGB program, might be useful for others too:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4386501/mGB%20Editor.zip

New York City

That's really cool, thanks!
Unfortunately I have Ableton Live 6 sad But some time I will upgrade I think.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Apr 2, 2010 10:53 pm)

São Paulo, Brazil

Sorry for bumping this thread, just found it.

I began testing mGB with ableton live (finally upgraded to 8) and, just like the midiNES editor for ableton, I can't get this one to work. I open the editor inside ableton, drag and drop the effects to midi channel 1 (pulse), but when I tweak the knobs for the midi channel 1 effects, nothing happens.

I always used Ableton mostly for dj set and music recording, don't know shit about midi CC's... any clue on what I'm doing wrong? It's so damn important for me, 'cos beside mGB, I also use midiNES and mssiah!

thanks!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

haha. i'm running ableton 4.. >_< FML>

i'm running 7, upgraded(begrudgingly) from 5 last year!
pulselooper, i'm not sure what you're doing wrong, but the way i use this, and the midines editor, is to open the file and then set up new midi tracks seperate to the one with the effects rack. there should be no dragging and dropping, just keep that effects channel as it is and set up your clips elsewhere...
i've also copped the midi outs on this file default to an axiom 25, obviously change that to whatever controller you are using...

Chicago IL
low-gain wrote:

i'm running ableton 3!

New York City
Saskrotch wrote:
low-gain wrote:

i'm running ableton 3!

I use Pro Tracker 1.3
So what?

I'm interested in knowing more about Pulselooper's problem. I am thinking bout upgrading Live but not sure if it is really necessary

São Paulo, Brazil

Hey OlympicCarrier, thanks for your reply. I didn't write earlier because I was trying to find some way. And I found, but half way. Here what happens: when I open the mGB Editor.als ALONE in ableton, and then insert a midi track, it works like a charm. All midi CC goes beautifully to each dmg channel. But when I try to open the instrument rack inside an already created file (in that case, my whole set), none of the effects work.

In both files (the mGB.als and my set.als), the mGB editor midi out is to my controller. But it only works when I don't open it inside a file created earlier.

Any idea why does it happen?

São Paulo, Brazil

update: I put both files on edit midi mode, and here's what happens: the mGB.als has all its CC's mapped, and the other file (my set with the mGB editor opened inside it) doesn't.

only the mGB.als

my set

If there's no other choice, I could redo all the CC mapping by hand, but the thing is I don't know how to do that inside ableton. Any tips?

São Paulo, Brazil

Well, I solved it the dummy (but faster) way: opened the mGB.als inside ableton and then clicked-and-dropped my set.als inside the mGB "project". The midi mappings are still there.

Now, what I'd like to know is how to correctly set the macro controls in the mGB editor for controlling the parameters. What is happening is when I try to link some parameter inside map mode, there is a conflict with the command controls. For example, if I try to map the Pulse 1/Pulse Width to Macro 1, a window pops up saying "The selected controller conflicts with the previous mappin to CC 1. ". I know the CC 1 is for the pulse width. But if I set, for example, Macro 1 to CC 14, why the hell does it conflict with CC 1?

Last edited by PULSELOOPER (May 20, 2010 12:34 pm)

hey, sorry for the silence, i'm hella busy working at the moment.
in short, i dont know im afraid.
i'm only really learning as i go with ableton and i can't find any info on conflicting midi/macro mappings...
i'll try mess around with it tomorrow and let you know if i find a workaround,
best of luck with the gig on saturday

São Paulo, Brazil

thanks a lot man! No problem, for the moment I'll do the effects directly in the DMG. Later I'll keep searching.

Too bad the folks at forum.ableton.com ain't nice like the folks here. Left this doubt there and no one has even looked at it hmm