The Rubber Man

Hi,

not actually a chiptune so don't wanna to upload it here and contaminate the data-base, hahaha,
but I acquired lately a Raspberry Pi and this is my very first song made on it. smile

https://soundcloud.com/yerzmyey/yerzmyey-ursula-part-2

The song has been made entirely on Raspberry Pi 2. Also, it has been recorded directly from the machine.
22 channels have been used.

Generally, the R_Pi's sound is being generated by the Broadcom BCM2835 chip (for model '1' of the R_Pi) and by Broadcom BCM2836 chip (in model '2' of the R_Pi) - and in my case it's the BCM2836 chip - so it's resolved somewhat like in ZX Spectrum: the sound is being generated by CPU.

It works with 11 bit quality. It's not an actual DAC, it is a digital PWM module (gives a 'pulse width modulated' signal) working with frequency around 40MHz and it is low-pass-filtered.

The funny thing is, I also rendered the song directly into harddisk and compared it to the version recorded from real R_Pi: and I deleted the rendered file to hell, haha. The original Pi sound is warm'n'soft; doesn't remind thousands of razors.

Byezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!
Y

Last edited by YERZMYEY (Mar 14, 2015 2:59 pm)

United States

Nice, what tracker did you use?

The Rubber Man

Hi,
Milky, but it's unstable. Turns itself off, without a warning, very often. sad

United States

That's what I figured you used. How did you link the two Pi's?

The Rubber Man

This is only one R_Pi2, it's capable of generating such stuff alone.

My fault, I made myself not clear enough, I'm sorry.
Maybe I will try to change the txt somehow, rephrase it or whatevah. Hm.

São Paulo, Brazil

Love that milkyberry vibe!

matt's mind

TERRIFIC!

The Rubber Man

Thanks guys. smile

Well, seems like we've found the milky-error: it crashes, when one selects an area with mouse. Now one wants to
"go" to another place in the pattern, _with_ the previous part still being selected/marked.
Then (when the selected part goes out of the screen) - the program turns
itself off totally.

Hmmm.

Nomad's Land

Epic work, Yerz! Glad to hear you're having fun with your new toy tongue

The Rubber Man

Hehe, thx. Yes indeed - the machine is a lot of fun.
http://battleofthebits.org/arena/Entry/ … ght/16940/

The Rubber Man

Wanted to test whether it's possible to make any SID songs on the Raspberry Pi.
The test is quite short and took just several minutes to perform, but generally seems like one can use the R_Pi for SID-music-making.
http://yerzmyey.i-demo.pl/yerz_SID_rasp … i_test.mp3
OK..

I've been contemplating grabbing one of the newest Pi's for the express purpose of chipmusic creation (and maybe some game emulation).  I loved the principle of doing it with the first Pi, but its limited power made it more of a pain than it seemed worth.  The newest model addresses all of my problems, so I hope to fashion a neat little portable setup.  AT2, NinjaTracker, LSDJ, Prodigy, and NTRQ gives me an amazing sound palette.  That's not even touching native linux tools or MML compilers.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and these rock!

Last edited by Beware (Mar 19, 2015 7:27 pm)