Robotcity, the year 20XX

My set up right now:

Kind of a mess actually big_smile

I use the mixer only for gigs, I record everything through my sapphire USB 6 audio interface (behind the black gameboy). However, I am not completely satisfied with the results. I use ableton btw as recording device. Right now I am also recording bass guitar, gameboy and midi keyboard and I find it very frustrating that mixing input (my bass in this case) and playback (for instance a massive synth in ableton) sucks balls. Especially when the distorted bass guitar starts "looping" from input to playback, causing mad feedback. Any tips on what I should do different? A mixer in between the audio interface and the instruments for instance? The keyboard goes directly in the computer and not via the audio interface.

Last edited by Crashmast (Apr 5, 2023 10:23 am)

Kanagawa Pref., JP

Bass slugger setup at Sabaco 2015 Countdown Party.

Planet Zaxxon

A & H 4EVER.

Baja California

Hizmi has the dopest gig setup this year

Last edited by lvlzero (Jan 9, 2015 12:31 am)

Finally got it all together in one place after a couple months of buying various bits and bobs. I present to you, the Gameboy dub set up!

Gameboys are floating with GoPro attachments, the reverb and delay unit is from Rigsmith hi fi, one gameboy is from B_tech on facebook (www.facebook.com/burnfingers), the other gameboy is from Joe Bleeps second hand off ebay, both very lovely people and well modded DMGs.

Last edited by JodyBigfoot (Feb 2, 2015 9:54 pm)

New York City

my setup 2015

Unsubscribe

Nice acoustic panel!

Seattle, WA

Not owning anything that makes sound is a great way to leave headroom.

Edinburgh, Scotland

I sold pretty much everything I owned in my absence. All I use now is Bibin's old clearboy and Fighter X's old greenboy. Nothing else. Gotta get in close to hear those tunes.

Huntsville, AL

Detroit

I'm pretty happy with it. GP2X + LSDJ times two!

Huntsville, AL
The One Electronic wrote:

I'm pretty happy with it. GP2X + LSDJ times two!

xoxbox in the back?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

This isn't everything - I'm at the point where "everything" no longer fits anywhere in my house - but it's a good deal of what I'm using on a regular basis. Add in a couple Game Boys, an opl3 laptop and an Amiga 500 and you've got an idea of my space.

Chips & Dip :3
jefftheworld wrote:

This isn't everything - I'm at the point where "everything" no longer fits anywhere in my house - but it's a good deal of what I'm using on a regular basis. Add in a couple Game Boys, an opl3 laptop and an Amiga 500 and you've got an idea of my space.

Damn man, that's pretty suh-weeeeeet!!!!

St Louis

This is a very old pic of my setup I have not used that setup in several years but I still have every part of it should I chose to set it up again the mixer was just to fickle and the 4 track tape recorder had 2 dead channels. These days I mostly do purely digital work I fiddle around with lsdj on my gameboy then toss the save file into an emulator such as the core used by retroarch. I then simply capture the output. I have also been know to use sunvox and pixitracker. When it comes to editing I toss the wav audio into audacity