Hey Ben,

What's the difference between the Gen1 and Gen2 exactly? I want to backup my LSDJ saves, but that's it. Can I just use a Gen1?

Australia

You can, Gen2 does not require drivers or software so its far more convenient, and works across all operating systems. Gen1 is cheaper and has more features (but you would not need those) and is limited to Windows PC's

So, just for saves? I'd go a gen2 Linker (assuming you have the equipment to re-flash your cart with a custom LSDJ Rom )

http://bennvenn.myshopify.com/pages/wha … difference

Last edited by BennVenn (Mar 25, 2015 8:49 am)

Australia

Update, EMS64 support added. Both page access and SRAM. Approx 12seconds flash time for LSDJ (1mbyte). No more drivers, no more software. Drag'n'Derp! The way a cart should be!

matt's mind

big_smile

yikes

!!!!

Minneapolis, MN

Ohhhhh the hype is real!

Swansea, UK

!!!

Kitsch will you be stocking these?

Abandoned on Fire

Nice work!

Taichung, Taiwan

Oh hell, I don't need to keep a netbook running Windows XP anymore???? Oh hell yes!

Do you ship to Taiwan?

Australia

Sure! I'll add other shipping options to my page for those regions that benefit from tracking/insurance/express postage etc...

Http://Shop.BennVenn.Com

Thanks for the support guys!

Last edited by BennVenn (Mar 29, 2015 3:44 am)

Berlin, Germany

Holy shit the hype is real indeed
I didn't see it so far, so: Are Bleepbloop carts supported? (the old ones with the 8bitcollective print)

Australia

I'd have to get my hands on one to add support for it, unless it uses a similar chipset to the EMS cart. Do you have a photo of its internals?

Michigan
BennVenn wrote:

I'd have to get my hands on one to add support for it, unless it uses a similar chipset to the EMS cart. Do you have a photo of its internals?

The write enable pin of ROM has a direct connection to the audio in pin on the edge connector. It also should have a pull up resistor. Aside from that, it is an mbc5 cart with an official mbc5 on board.

...wait maybe I am wrong about the pull up...

Here is a photo. he refers to the first cart;
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/12226 … artridges/

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Mar 30, 2015 7:55 pm)

Minneapolis, MN

Purchasing as soon as the BennVenn carts flash supported!

Michigan

Ok, just probed it with my continuity tester and the ROM's /WE is connected directly to pin 3 of the cart edge.

Australia

Electrically its compatible with the EMS, do you have the flash IC part number handy? Worst case its a different protocol with different erase/buffer block size and that'll only be a few hours to add compatibility.

I'll work on the bennvenn support this weekend. Should have a release by end of easter break.

Michigan
BennVenn wrote:

Electrically its compatible with the EMS, do you have the flash IC part number handy? Worst case its a different protocol with different erase/buffer block size and that'll only be a few hours to add compatibility.

I'll work on the bennvenn support this weekend. Should have a release by end of easter break.

SRAM:
SAMSUNG 407A
KM681000ELG-5L

ROM:
AMD 1993
AM29F016B-90SC