Hey guys, I'm relatively new to cm.o, but have been a fan of chipmusic for years.

I recently made this adapter cable that has a PS/2 port on one end, and generation 1 and 2 game link connectors on the other. I've tested this cable on a DMG, MGB, CGB, and AGB. I've done quick a bit of homework for the best way to make this happen, and I don't think I've seen one quite like it yet.

I'm looking for $35 shipped to the first person who asks. I have one cable right now, but if more people are interested in them, I'm willing to make some more!

It looks pretty darn good (if I do say so myself). The 2 Game Link connectors are gold and appear to be clones of the original Nintendo game link cables. The other side features a standard 6p Mini Din in-line connector. I worked pretty hard to make it look really professional and nice. It measures about 2'6" from both ends. The gen 1 and 2 connectors have about 9" from the point they split.

This picture shows all the hardware used to test the cable. A DMG, MGB, CGB, and AGB. Keyboard is an HP KB 0316. The stuff isn't part of the offer, nor is it for sale.

Last edited by kuzimoto (Apr 7, 2015 5:32 pm)

ohgodno, Indiana

I'm surprised these aren't in high demand.
been seeing a lot of LSDJ keyboards lately

Yeah, I would make a keyboard with the cables on it, but this way you can use any keyboard you have already.

ohgodno, Indiana

great work, wish I wouldn't have just got a DMG one because one for the color would be great.
let me know if you plan on making one for GBC in the future!

edit: or I can stop being a cheap ass & wait till I have the $$ for this haha

Last edited by b4by f4c3 (Mar 24, 2015 8:06 pm)

Aww, that stinks, haha. But I did actually make one of these with just a GBC connector on the end. It's a different cable, so the connector is silver and it's also about 6-7". They are a bit cheaper to make, so I suppose I could do $25 shipped for that one.

Edit: it's actually about 2' looking at it again...

Last edited by kuzimoto (Mar 24, 2015 8:19 pm)

Just an update, I'm looking to make more types of cables, ones with just DMG connectors, and ones with just GBC connectors. Is there any interest in those types? I thought there would be more people interested in a dual cable, but maybe everyone already has the cables/keyboards they need?

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:19 am)

That's pretty sweet, didn't know anyone else had made them! And yeah, they can be a little time consuming, but once you figure it out it's kind-of fun.

Sergy, France

I understand this will resurrect an old post, but would you still be willing to make a cable like this (for the price you suggest up top)?

Austin, TX

Hey Ape, when's your store coming back up?

Adelaide, South Australia

Oh man, this look great!

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:16 am)

Austin, TX
Apeshit wrote:
HimsyPimsy wrote:

Hey Ape, when's your store coming back up?

Should have something up soon, but probably not what you're looking for. Pretty much an entirely new shop.

Having trouble picturing what you mean, but I look forward to it!

nikola wrote:

I understand this will resurrect an old post, but would you still be willing to make a cable like this (for the price you suggest up top)?

It's been a while since I've made these and I just finished moving but in a little while I should be able to get a few of these put together once I find all of my stuff. I don't know what shipping charges are like if you are living in France but if I can find something for a few dollars then it will be the same price. If anyone else is interested let me know and I'll get as many as I can made.

Last edited by kuzimoto (Mar 22, 2016 3:51 am)

Sergy, France
kuzimoto wrote:
nikola wrote:

It's been a while since I've made these and I just finished moving but in a little while I should be able to get a few of these put together once I find all of my stuff. I don't know what shipping charges are like if you are living in France but if I can find something for a few dollars then it will be the same price. If anyone else is interested let me know and I'll get as many as I can made.

I would be able to provide a US address (parents' house) if that helps.

Sergy, France
kuzimoto wrote:
nikola wrote:

I would be able to provide a US address (parents' house) if that helps.