Hello 'ol chaps! Thought you guys mught be bored so here's my new GBC mod.

http://s1284.photobucket.com/user/Koji_ … amp;page=1

Enjoy! :-)

This turned out pretty great! It's cool that the replacement part turned out as good as the original. This can hopefully save the lives of many GBA SPs smile

Seattle, WA

Dope mod, but 2005 called and they want their image hosting site back.

kuzimoto wrote:

This turned out pretty great! It's cool that the replacement part turned out as good as the original. This can hopefully save the lives of many GBA SPs smile

Thanks! I'm pretty impressed myself. For $8 shipped, they're a steal. Looking for ways to improve this mod it so it can look as good in the photos as it does to the human eye. I'm thinking of sanding down the smooth side of the light bridge.

Last edited by Apeshit (Jul 17, 2019 12:21 am)

Dire Hit wrote:

Huh? Next you'll be telling me something better than AOL mail is on the horizon. Tut!

Last edited by Koji-Kendo (Mar 25, 2015 4:51 am)

Seattle, WA
Apeshit wrote:
Dire Hit wrote:

What's wrong with photobucket? I fully intended on buying framed prints of these photos.

True. And it's not like anyone would ever want to embed this picture on, say, an Internet forum.

kuzimoto wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if these are actual production pieces. Maybe an unused lot or the manufacturer still has the materials to produce and have resumed production. Cause the light panel material is supposed to be proprietary, which could be a big hint.

I have tried using one to do the corrected orientation method (the "mylk" method: http://www.mylkstuff.com/page87.htm#.VRRJgfmDmuI).
(Although minus the small, extra details like sinking the lcd further into the lcd frame, shaving down the end of the perspex strip, and adding a polarized film (which I found darkened the display too much to my preference)).

Last edited by Koji-Kendo (Mar 26, 2015 6:07 pm)

Hmm, did it turn out like you thought it would? And without those modifications, does it still look decent?

kuzimoto wrote:

Hmm, did it turn out like you thought it would? And without those modifications, does it still look decent?

The corrected method looks great!
Highly recommended.
I'm doing comparison photos of the 4 main gbc frontlight methods now.
SP, sp corrected, kitsch-bent (w/ loca) and sp + kitsch-bent composite.

Koji-Kendo wrote:
kuzimoto wrote:

The corrected method looks great!
Highly recommended.
I'm doing comparison photos of the 4 main gbc frontlight methods now.
SP, sp corrected, kitsch-bent (w/ loca) and sp + kitsch-bent composite.

Awesome! I'd really like to try out the SP method, but didn't want to kill an SP for it, and broken ones seem to get snatched up on eBay fairly quickly. Also, it will be pretty nice having all the comparison photos for the different methods. I've noticed that there wasn't really one place to find all that stuff!

kuzimoto wrote:

Awesome! I'd really like to try out the SP method, but didn't want to kill an SP for it, and broken ones seem to get snatched up on eBay fairly quickly. Also, it will be pretty nice having all the comparison photos for the different methods. I've noticed that there wasn't really one place to find all that stuff!

Yeah, I'm trying to turn my sub into something like that. Especially on the Color, which is my fave GB.