France

I sticked it to VCC hmm Flash chip is SST 27SF010, they do byte writes.
Bankswitch is done in the lower 3 bits of $0000~3FFF.
Can update later PCB orders to tie it to AUDIOIN.

Last edited by furrtek (Apr 1, 2015 6:09 pm)

I want it.  Bad.  Hope I'll get to dust off my USB-Boy.

Detroit

probably gonna nab this depending on price tag, I wanna pair it up with my x0xb0x hehe

France

Price is set: 39€ for the nude version, 69€ with shell. Price difference explained on the page.

(If someone dumps the ROM *winks at Nitro2k01*, note that everything will work on a flash cart except saves, which are in EEPROM. Pots controls will be replaced by dpad controls in the x/y screen for cutoff/resonance).

Last edited by furrtek (Apr 1, 2015 7:23 pm)

Michigan
furrtek wrote:

I sticked it to VCC hmm Flash chip is SST 27SF010, they do byte writes.
Bankswitch is done in the lower 3 bits of $0000~3FFF.
Can update later PCB orders to tie it to AUDIOIN.

If you tie it to audin then you will also have to add a pull up resistor, but if you tie it to /we then it will work fine without a resistor . Your code should never write to the ROM address space and even if it did, it would not trigger the data/address sequence to actually modify bits.

Toss me a PM. I want to bounce a few questions off of you.
Cheers

furrtek wrote:

It has 5 LSDJ-style screens (stolen idea, sorry !) with a sequencer, piano roll, song pattern list, memory manager, and pot configuration screen.
No special visuals, pretty much all text. I'm finishing up the software right now, will post other screenshots in the next days.

Did you say Piano roll? Nice!!! smile

Detroit, MI

Do want! Probably will get~
Has anyone dealt with a nude cart like this before? To me it seems like it would be flimsy or wobble around a lot. Can anyone clarify this for me please?

ohgodno, Indiana
Nursey wrote:

Do want! Probably will get~
Has anyone dealt with a nude cart like this before? To me it seems like it would be flimsy or wobble around a lot. Can anyone clarify this for me please?

the pbc nanoloop carts? main thing that strikes my mind

Swansea, UK

Yeah, but nanoloop carts you pop in and leave them... with this one you're meant to grab a knob (Mmmm I do love grabbing knobs) and twist it (that notsomuch).... Given the price difference though I'm sure people will come up with sturdier solutions by hacking existing carts.

ohgodno, Indiana

first thing that popped into my head was to getta old cart case and a dremel tool wink , should hopefully do the trick

Or maybe

Or one of the other carts from this list:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/14723 … art-guide/

Atlanta, GA
The One Electronic wrote:

probably gonna nab this depending on price tag, I wanna pair it up with my x0xb0x hehe

hell, I'd do it too... but only because I want to get more out of my second DMG with nano1 to get some use out of it besides being a backup

Atlanta, GA

My current question is:
Will it be possible to re-route the pots (or digitizers, not sure which they are) so that I might be able to move them to the bottom or side of my DMG case for slightly easier access? Also, will this work with nanoloop sync without an arduino?

Indiana
BitFlourish wrote:

My current question is:
Will it be possible to re-route the pots (or digitizers, not sure which they are) so that I might be able to move them to the bottom or side of my DMG case for slightly easier access?

use wire wink

Atlanta, GA
Fudgers wrote:
BitFlourish wrote:

My current question is:
Will it be possible to re-route the pots (or digitizers, not sure which they are) so that I might be able to move them to the bottom or side of my DMG case for slightly easier access?

use wire wink

well yeah, but are the solder points micro points or?

France

The pots are through hole, so pretty easy to desolder and re-route.
I'm testing Nanoloop slave sync mode tonight.