Ohio, USA

WFM's Nlmidi Problems 2: Electric Boogaloo

I've eventually gotten sending banks through nlmidi on my Mac to work properly. However, I've tried on a few different occasions to load Shitwave onto one of the free spaces on the cart, but it is never successful. Everything goes normally up until after the file is (apparently) completely sent and the nlmidi terminal says the process is done. Instead of the ROM starting automatically, the Gameboy freezes up on the boot screen, and when the gameboy is turned off and back on, pressing A or B still leads to an apparently empty space. I've tried erasing and reloading the ROM multiple times, as well as switching between A and B and between 2 different Gameboys, and even deleting and re-downloading Shitwave. The same problem occurs each time. Any advice?

(I looked around the forum and haven't quite found this exact issue, but if it has already been brought up, link me to it and I'll admit my stupidity)

Last edited by Wholesome Family Music (Apr 8, 2015 2:58 pm)

Ohio, USA

I tried uploading Nanovoice today as well, and the same thing happened EXCEPT that after entering the command to load the file, the terminal said "Loading Gameboy ROM" while it did not say this for Shitwave. So it recognized Nanovoice as a Gameboy ROM, but once the file was sent, the Gameboy froze up and pressing A or B still led to a blank screen.

Alive and well in fucksville

are you editing your commands in notepad (im on windows)?

Ohio, USA
bitjacker wrote:

are you editing your commands in notepad (im on windows)?

No, I'm on Mac and typing the commands directly into the terminal

Abandoned on Fire

Have you ever successfully added a rom to the A or B sections?  There's a nano one cart test rom that Oliver sent me a long time ago that tells you if the different sections are locked or unlocked.  I'll try to find it and send it your way.

Edit:  found it, check your PMs

Last edited by egr (Apr 9, 2015 1:30 pm)

matt's mind

i think that ROM would be very beneficial to other people too, do you know if he's made it available to the public?   (good utility app, might be worth asking him to post it if not)  happy to do it if you lost contact info or anything else

Abandoned on Fire
kitsch wrote:

i think that ROM would be very beneficial to other people too, do you know if he's made it available to the public?   (good utility app, might be worth asking him to post it if not)  happy to do it if you lost contact info or anything else

I'll PM it to you as well and you can do as you see fit.  smile

Ohio, USA
egr wrote:

Have you ever successfully added a rom to the A or B sections?  There's a nano one cart test rom that Oliver sent me a long time ago that tells you if the different sections are locked or unlocked.  I'll try to find it and send it your way.

Edit:  found it, check your PMs

No, I have never successfully loaded a ROM. Thanks for sending the Nanoloop One cart test! I'll have to try that out and ask when I (inevitably) have questions.