Tallahassee, FL

I really don't understand how I can move my songs off of my usb cart to my pc to put on bandcamp or how to convert these files to the appropriate file type. Any ideas?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Zach Coursey wrote:

I really don't understand how I can move my songs off of my usb cart to my pc to put on bandcamp or how to convert these files to the appropriate file type. Any ideas?

You need to record the audio off of the Game Boy of via an emulator. Neither .sav nor .lsdsng are audio formats and can't be directly converted without being played back and recorded.

Tallahassee, FL

Oh ok, could you link me?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

To what?

Dallas, Texas

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Apr 10, 2015 6:28 am)

Seattle, WA
TylerBarnes wrote:

Maybe I'm mis-remembering the tutorial but I think you skipped the steps where you go take a shower and your friend replaces the mp3 with a sabrepulse song as a joke and that's how you get fans.

Detroit

hows that working out for ya

Dallas, Texas
Dire Hit wrote:

Maybe I'm mis-remembering the tutorial but I think you skipped the steps where you go take a shower and your friend replaces the mp3 with a sabrepulse song as a joke and that's how you get fans.

I don't get it. Did someone do that?

NUMBSKULL

The funny thing here is that your tutorial shows a pc with a mic input, but the screenshots are of a mac, which do not have a mic input....or do they? It seems like the headphone jack used to be able to double as a mic input, but not any longer. Is that right?

What's the best way to get audio in to a mac?

Dallas, Texas

For macs without audio input jacks, I use a thunderbolt audio interface to input audio to the mac. Usb or firewire devices can also be used. I was only photographing that PC cause I imagine it will be what most beginners have at their disposal.

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Apr 10, 2015 5:57 am)

Earth

Also, use the line-in, most Mic inputs are mono.

Aarhus, Denmark
breakphase wrote:

I second that.

Dallas, Texas
breakphase wrote:

Oh yes. You are correct. I rarely use PCs hence the error.

Edited for posterity.

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Apr 10, 2015 6:28 am)

Seattle, WA
TylerBarnes wrote:
Dire Hit wrote:

I don't get it. Did someone do that?

I swear to god there was a tutorial on 8bc exactly like this and that's how it ended.

Earth
TylerBarnes wrote:
breakphase wrote:

Oh yes. You are correct. I rarely use PCs hence the error.

Edited for posterity.

Well, I guess some PCs only have the Mic input, as in the picture. But if you have the option, ya know, use the line in.

Chips & Dip :3
breakphase wrote:

Or get a USB interface like a Scarlett 2i2 and use a dual 1/4" to 1/8" adapter. That's been my setup for a year or so.

Last edited by metatronaut (Apr 10, 2015 11:35 am)