London

Yo!

I'm looking to buy an FB-01 and Ebay synth buying is always way over priced... anyone on here happen to have one they want to send my way? Feel free to message me with prices you want!

Cheers, Mikey

Planet Zaxxon

ah dang,  you too far.

Edinburgh

*checks eBay*  Wow, when did these things get so expensive? I got mine for like £30 a couple of years ago.

UK

I do have a spare, but I expertly ran 5V up the wrong pin of the MIDI-in DIN and it no longer responds to MIDI.

If you (or anyone) can fix it, they can have it.

London

Yeah, everything synth on ebay is way too high sad

Unsubscribe

you just have to be patient! cheap stuff to be had if you look. <looks at the price of Tx81z> DEAR GOD

London

haha big_smile

Sweeeeeeden
PROTODOME wrote:

I do have a spare, but I expertly ran 5V up the wrong pin of the MIDI-in DIN and it no longer responds to MIDI.

That sounds wrong. Given how a MIDI in port is supposed to be designed, putting 5V on any of the pins should do no harm.

Tokyo, Japan

No but the FB01 is SUCH a good synth, Alex Mauers custom sound videos still blow me away!

UK
nitro2k01 wrote:
PROTODOME wrote:

That sounds wrong. Given how a MIDI in port is supposed to be designed, putting 5V on any of the pins should do no harm.

If it wasn't caused by me I'll feel much better about the whole thing. I've no idea why it's unresponsive then.

Finland

I have one, fully working, not using much so might be interested to sell. Or trade. Any 8-bit computers around ? smile

IL, US

weird, i saw a few for around $60 on US ebay the other week (and tx81z for $100). maybe try and find a US seller who will ship overseas if there is a big price disparity

West Yorks, UK

Soz to derail slightly;

Anyone using the french guys "FB01 sound editor"? on Linux? I get a wierd crash with it on Windows, and need to install the QT4 depencies on Linux to make it work.

Can anyone tell me how to install QT4 dependancies on Linux (ubuntu derivative; xubuntu)  please?! God damn.

Or, anyone got a list of the sysex messages the fb01 actually responds to?

There is also a new editor that id missed by a chap called Midi error, which yall might want to check out, if you havent!

Atlanta, GA

I just got my FB-01 on ebay for 70USD flat so it seems to reason that importing is the only -real- answer

UK / FR
PROTODOME wrote:

If you (or anyone) can fix it, they can have it.

hey yo don't wanna be cheeky but if you can't figure it out i would be totally interested in taking that off yer hands wink

Philly

Right now there's one on eBay for $10 + shipping with no bids and a sticky instrument select button.  Probably won't get bid up very high because of that.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-FB-01-FM … 2a4f328875