Chips & Dip :3

Hello!

I was just working on a remix for a friend when suddenly my GB just stopped working for a second. I rebooted, and everything was running fine except for all the phrases, on line 3 there was a copy of phrase 03 transposed at 03. I didn't add this at all.

Should I be worried that my cart is dying? Or was it just a rare glitch?

Thanks!
-Sam

PS: If it is dying, is there a guide somewhere on how to replace the battery in the cart?

Minneapolis, MN

How are the batteries in your GB? This has happened to me when the batteries get really low, the red LED is bright, then it just turns off.

Oklahoma City, OK

Back up your .sav and maybe try re-formatting. Did the dreaded "Don't Panic!! Send this info to (yadda yadda etc)" pop up as well?

Someone *please* correct me if I'm wrong, but the battery just saves your file. If it's glitching out like that then the cart itself may be corrupted. That's happened to me on a couple of carts.

TEOMAWKI wrote:

How are the batteries in your GB? This has happened to me when the batteries get really low, the red LED is bright, then it just turns off.

I just recently (like 2 days ago) replaced the batteries and I haven't used this GB too much other than recording.

DBOYD wrote:

Back up your .sav and maybe try re-formatting. Did the dreaded "Don't Panic!! Send this info to (yadda yadda etc)" pop up as well?

Nothing like that. I just recently backed everything up so that should be good.

UPDATE: My cart is giving more signs of dying. Random crashes followed by the "Don't Panic" screen. The screen only has 00's though hmm

Also, there is a slight (yet noticeable) delay in slave mode.

Seattle, WA

Did you format and reflash your cartridges? That got a lot of extra use out of mine when it was on the way out.

Dire Hit wrote:

Did you format and reflash your cartridges? That got a lot of extra use out of mine when it was on the way out.

I did that just yesterday. I'll reflash the rom again to see if that helps.

try it in a different Gameboy man, some might have issues with the cartridge reader causing it to crash?
maybe?

J3wel wrote:

try it in a different Gameboy man, some might have issues with the cartridge reader causing it to crash?
maybe?

I was thinking about trying that. I'll report back if there's any other errors.