Austria

Something disturbing...

https://www.eff.org/deeplinks/2015/04/v … d-archives

Industry targets old games/Abandonware... Send that guys your opinion about that...

http://www.theesa.com/

nashville,tn

"undermine the fundamental copyright principles on which our copyright laws are based"

That's the problem. Copyright law is more of a profit protection mechanism than a bastion of creative integrity. Sheesh

Michigan

This is why I do not buy digital games. That article was disgusting.

Whateverville, California

Recent strongarm enforcement of this policy, (against MADE even? wtf?) is just another lurch downward in the sickening race to the bottom that the contemporary gaming industry has become. At this point I wouldn't be surprised if by the next console generation we have what basically amounts to a multi-party industry scam in the form of forcing the "sign in online to access your content" paradigm that they've so far failed to brainwash people into.

[removed]

Last edited by Feryl (Feb 19, 2024 8:44 pm)

Unsubscribe

Games are for children.

Lots of big names in that ESA membership list. (And then there's XSEED games. Welp.)

I understand that as an industry there are a lot of interests in play. I work for a corporation currently, and I wouldn't like it if my paycheck wasn't secured. It would cause me a hell of a lot of problems if it wasn't.

But there's that on one side and this on the other. It's an insult to consumers everywhere to think that they can cling on to past glories in order to keep dishing them out to the public when they've already played them over and over and over and over and over again. Allow people to preserve them as the examples of pop culture they once were, they're all already long past their prime. To keep trying to milk them for money after all these years when customers are asking for new content, ACTUALLY NEW content, is an insult.

I know, I know, consumers aren't the smartest people around when they engage in consumption. But still, to mock them like this is to underestimate how much they can screw you over when they get angry en masse.