São Paulo, Brazil

Hey y'all,

I'm trying to run Impulse Tracker (the last version, v2.14 Patch #5) on DOSBox, with no luck.

When I try to load a module and play it, it stutters like hell.

Are there specific config options on DOSbox to run it? Can't even remember what I did to config autoexec.bat back in 1993 sad

press ctrl-f12 a lot of times? there's nothing specific that needs to be done off the top of my head

Try Schism Tracker instead.

São Paulo, Brazil
sandneil wrote:

press ctrl-f12 a lot of times? there's nothing specific that needs to be done off the top of my head

Well, that did the trick. Thanks neil!

tempest wrote:

Try Schism Tracker instead.

Are the IT/Schism Tracker modules fully compatible? I believe S.T. has some more features, like filter envelopes right?

Planet Zaxxon

Yes Schism would be best bet, full clone of Impulse Tracker for windows. Impulse used to have the filter features as well but it has been removed, same with schism. I am pretty sure they are exact clones of each other now, with each of its most recent versions.

If you look at the help file, in either IT or schsim, the filter commands have been written in "red," meaning not in use anymore.

Planet Zaxxon

and I can confirm that everything I made in Impulse tracker, plays back exactly the same in Schism. I have not tried the other way around though.

São Paulo, Brazil
Radlib wrote:

and I can confirm that everything I made in Impulse tracker, plays back exactly the same in Schism. I have not tried the other way around though.

Thanks Carl! I'll try the other way around today.

Planet Zaxxon

Or if you make some schism modules, save in "*.it" and send it to me, I can try it in IT on actual MS-DOS and see if its the same. I'm curious to know if it is.