Aarhus, Denmark

Hey fellows

I was inspired by a post in the Little Sound MC thread - first of all let me thank alexras for making this fantastic tool. The idea is to make an online sharing service primarily for instruments, synths and tables exported with LSMC, inspired by sites like lsdsng.com & ucollective.org - totally non-profit of course.

I want to make this site - and I want to make it great. I have the necessary PHP skills to get the basic functionality going and a couple of years of web development on my back (which I'm sure a lot of people around here do), but I want it to be more advanced than a simple upload/download site. I envision online previews of uploaded material, proper style for visualising patches and all the accompanying social jazz.

I'm willing to pay for domain renting and hosting if this idea goes live, and I'll invest a lot of my free time in developing and maintaining the site. What I ask for is feedback on the idea and 1 or 2 friendly guys to help me out with this project.

First and foremost I need a dude who is experienced in design and knows the necessary HTML & CSS to punch it in. Design has never been one of my strengths, but I want the site to look as good as possible.
It would also be nice to have another person to help me out with maintaining and updating the site, potentially also helping me out with the back-end programming.
Experience with Git is highly preferred and both of these positions are voluntary work.

Looking forward to some feedback from you guys and be sure to leave a comment in the thread if you want to help so we can get in touch. smile
Also, if you find this alexras, you can totally hit me up in a PM or whatever if you have any additions/inquiries.

~zii.hrs

Last edited by zii.hrs (Apr 13, 2015 9:30 pm)

Dallas, Texas

Google drive is always a good free hosting option until you get the final hosting package settled. I designed my band's page and host it on google drive for free. I just use masked URL forwarding.

Example: http://www.designofdestiny.net

I hope your project becomes popular cause sharing patches has always been kinda meh cause writing down all the necessary info and pluginig it back in has been a chore.

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Apr 13, 2015 9:42 pm)

Aarhus, Denmark

I have access to 90-95% uptime servers of friends too, so hosting during development shouldn't be a problem, but thanks anyway. big_smile

And yeah, the concept of sharing patches is really good - but I find that the proper execution just hasn't been there yet. Alexras' tool makes it a lot easier to remedy. wink

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I can offer free professional hosting, if you need it.

Aarhus, Denmark
jefftheworld wrote:

I can offer free professional hosting, if you need it.

That would be very much appreciated, thanks! smile

Los Angeles, CA

This is a great idea. I'd offer to help, but my recreational programming time is pretty limited these days.

.lsdinst files are just JSON, at the end of the day, so passing them around and manipulating them client-side shouldn't be that difficult to do.

Aarhus, Denmark
alexras wrote:

This is a great idea. I'd offer to help, but my recreational programming time is pretty limited these days.

.lsdinst files are just JSON, at the end of the day, so passing them around and manipulating them client-side shouldn't be that difficult to do.

Hehe, I'm busy with studying Computer Science and other projects too, so it won't be up within a month, but I'll do my best to get it done. wink

No, you're right. That should make it very easy smile

Seattle, WA

I'll make a shitty logo

Aarhus, Denmark
Dire Hit wrote:

I'll make a shitty logo

If you do I'll use it. (Temporarily anyhow ;^) )

Back-end should be finished within the next week. Still looking for someone with a knack for css. wink

NUMBSKULL

Just throw bootstrap on and call it a day?

Aarhus, Denmark
catskull wrote:

Just throw bootstrap on and call it a day?

Yeah, I guess I'll resort to that. wink

Seattle, WA

My artistic prowess transcends mediums.