Atlanta, GA

Hi, I'm about to try and strike up my first deal with an Indie Developer and wanted to know if any of you that have done this sort of things in the past had any words of wisdom to pass off.

The project is going to be crowdfunded on kickstarter so that is something to take into account. At the moment I am probably going to ask for a percentage of the money raised from kickstarter (assuming it meets it's goal) and take that as payment to begin work on the soundtrack.

I will then most likely ask for a percentage off of future game sales. Or at least that is my thought at present.

Exactly how much of a percent to ask for I'm not sure yet. Any advice or help you can give me is much appreciated. Thank you.

Last edited by Ninten Kwon Do (Apr 27, 2015 4:03 am)

Melbourne, Australia

Just make sure if you're asked to make a track before the kickstarter goes live/finishes that you charge for that outright, as kickstarters (without some kind of gaming celebrity behind them) often don't make their target - don't let yourself get hung out to dry.

Atlanta, GA
Calavera wrote:

Just make sure if you're asked to make a track before the kickstarter goes live/finishes that you charge for that outright, as kickstarters (without some kind of gaming celebrity behind them) often don't make their target - don't let yourself get hung out to dry.

Yeah. I allowed him to use one song that I already had on soundcloud in the alpha build, but will not be working on any music for the game unless the kickstarter is succesful.

California

Sounds like you made the right decision, good job!