U.S./Canada

Hello all, I'm new here, but have been hanging out some on the IRC channel.

I just wanted to share a little project I've been working on:  Flash 10 playback of NSF files.

It's still really rudimentary and I can't take all the credit, because it uses Blargg's excellent band-limited playback c-libs.  I used Adobe Alchemy and some AS3 glue to get what you can see here:

http://p1xl.com/fun/flashnsf/

So, I'm planning on expanding it, but would like some ideas on what a player should look like.

P.S. check out our website at http://p1xl.com/ and, buy our game if you own an iPhone wink

Tacoma WA

holy awesome!

U.S./Canada

Yeah, pretty sweet, huh.

I just added buttons and basic track select support.  I didn't have any multi-tracks of my own handy, so I used Mega Man 3 for demonstration.  Same link.

Mexico City

Excellent, since i started making NSFs i wanted something like this, mainly to make music-disks.

philly

This is a great idea! Good work so far.

Here's a quick idea- A set of channel select / de-select boxes or buttons would be pretty cool if you can make that happen. smile
If you don't want to make it ugly with a million boxes for all the sound expansions too, you could simplify it by having up to six and making the last a catch-all for all expansion.

I've been wanting to see is a site like this for NES music-
http://www.lemon64.com/music/

If there were download links for everything on top of in-browser flash playback, that would be excellent. I'm not of course expecting you to put something like that together, it's just crossed my mind and I've been wondering about the inevitable nsf flash player... smile

Last edited by bucky (May 15, 2010 11:22 pm)

pretty cool

Venezuela

woaah :OOOOOOO, finally somebody did it!! JAJAJA.... yaaahhhhh :DDDD

p1xl, any plan to release or made the player handle ofr websites??? i would like to add this player on my site.

U.S./Canada

@bucky,  I looked over Blargg's source and I can't find a way to easily turn off channels, but maybe we can get him to make the modification.  It looks possible, just probably something he should be doing.

@ui, yeah sure, it's available for use on your site.  Once things firm up a bit, I'll make a tutorial on how to add it to your page.  Or, if you're ambitious, just check the page's source code.  There are no other server file requirements beyond the .swf file.. and an nsf, of course.

Ok, so some updates.  The track select buttons are now limited to the number of tracks. It also displays the Title of the song, read from the .nsf.

http://p1xl.com/fun/flashnsf/

Venezuela

@p1xl, awesome smile... i will give all the credits on my site if i get this player running!!!.... i dont know if im the only one super exited about this proyect! XDDDD...

some ideas... or neat features ( i will add all, but i know some of then arent possible to do or are hard, so dont take me to serious)
- Show the number of the tracks in case they are multi-track files. and maybe the timebar.
- Of course the channel mute ( i suppose this is hard, reading what your last post said)
- Tracks able to been loopeable forever or just X amout of times or an specific time
- List of nsf?, maybe loading from an xml/txt file
- DPCM support?, this should be hard im almost sure
- Expansion chip suppor, such: vcr6/7, mm5... etc (i know this most be like IMPOSIBLE)
- since your reading the name of the nsf, you can add tittle and who did it! tongue

if you release it with teh FLA, i can made some skins!, well anybody will be able to do it! XDDD

i have a classic nsf with 34 tracks made on Famitracker, so this will be so usefull to release my little ep big_smile
dont hate me! for all those ideas or features! XDDD

U.S./Canada

Thanks a bunch for the ideas, ui.

- I'd like to add NSFE support which I think should solve the loop/time feature.
- List of NSFs are on the list now
- Blargg's libraries already support DPCM and expansion chips.  woot!
- Author/Copyright are on the list now too.
- Well, there isn't an FLA.  I'm coding it in FlashDevelop.  But currently the art is scalable and I have it on the list now to be able to change the size and color scheme via flashvars.

Any other feature requests?

San Francisco

i guess this is the most awesome thing in the world....

astral cat

heart

keep it up!

▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐ ▐▐▌▌▐▌▌█▐

this is awesome.
im an as3 developer as well, and i
would love to help w/ this project ;D

philly
p1xl wrote:

Thanks a bunch for the ideas, ui.

- I'd like to add NSFE support which I think should solve the loop/time feature.

This would be huge! I tag lots of NSFEs, and support for them would be great. Many of these aren't up on the Slick Productions archive yet.
my NSFEs
My friend Matt has also done a bunch-
Megamatt's NSFEs

Feel free to use and abuse any NSFE I've tagged for whatever purpose. smile If you see any doubles between here and the ones on slickproductions, grab ours, because they are fixed / completed versions.

Last edited by bucky (May 17, 2010 5:41 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

I've now added the player to chipmusic.org. Feel free to try it out. Remember that it's still an alpha version.