Finland

http://tomy.bandcamp.com/album/psg-series-3

Now is time to the SN76489 heart on fire!

~90 minutes of hardware recorded Master System music. This is something I worked extremely hard for and I'm so, so happy to finally release this monster project. It started when I was thinking how could I get the whole drum set working together with the noise bass. Bassdrums, snares, hihats and all. So.. I made a test and tracked at the highest speed possible. By using few frames for drums and switching quickly between the different instruments, it works!!

This is the closest I can push the SN76489 to it's limits, I just can't get anything more out of it. There's all the usual tricks and this time every single track has multi-channel drums. Includes various uses of the advanced noise mode. Even using the noise as a melodic lead, and to not make things too easy the noise goes out of tune at higher frequencies, so I had to tune it manually by myself..

Hope you enjoy!

Last edited by Tomy (Jun 12, 2016 1:31 pm)

Michigan

WOOT! Thanks for the release To my! Always glad to download these.

Dallas, Texas

Effin' love master system music!! Fantastic release!

Chemical X is sounding better than ever.

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Apr 30, 2015 8:28 pm)

Edinburgh

Impressive work!!  cool

Nomad's Land

Oh man, so good! Thanks alot, and congratulations on yet another awesome SMS release.

Finland

Thank you for the comments!

Chemical X is indeed the one using bass as a melodic lead. I thought I'd try it out, since the FM original features somewhat similar sounding lead. It was difficult to achieve as I needed the square to work out the bassline momentarily, and that had to be as low as possible. I also used another square to add some detune and phasing to it. Snare drum had to be a bit shorter as well as to not interrupt the noise channel too noticeably. In the end I'm happy that it barely holds together. big_smile

Well done!! "mind of machine" is my fave
Fantastic release, you can hear the work and talent you put in!!

Finland

I'm also very happy how Mind Of Machine turned out, if you're interested check out the original FM version from the FMS6 release. Thank you for your kind words, this really was the most difficult project out of all of my releases. Sometimes I felt like quitting and that 90 minutes (the album length I aim for) was unreachable. But at the same time I had to finish this to show what the Master System can do. I don't want it to be so underappreciated. cool