Adelaide, Australia

Hi guys,

This might be a long shot, but does anyone still have a working, original USB only Sega Genesis/Mega Drive flash cartridge made by krikzz?

I have no need for an SD card and USB programming is much less hassle for me.

I don't think the new cartridges support flashing via USB as far as I can tell.

I'm looking to pay $45 AUD plus postage and don't need a cartridge shell with it.

Thanks!

Last edited by freezedream (Apr 6, 2016 1:47 am)

Dallas, Texas

DefleMask a go go.

YMU759 love

Last edited by TylerBarnes (Apr 27, 2015 6:08 am)

Adelaide, Australia

No one?! OK!

Melbourne

Unfortunately most of those phones are probably victims of planned obsolescence (ie. malfunctioning/completely dead by now).. unless you can find an unused one somehow!

That said though, this thread reminded me that I have a Sony Ericsson M600i sitting on my bedside table, so I've ordered a USB cable for it and will see if I can get some Symbian music sequencer apps on to it, haha. Not expecting much, since Symbian is a rather shitty OS (and the M600i wasn't oldskool enough to have any actual synthesis chips onboard), but it'd be a funny experiment!

London

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Samsung-SGH-X82 … 33a1db68b3

pselodux, post back about what Symbian music apps you find! I recently had a go at installing Syntrax by Klaar - their site is long gone but managed to locate a .sis file. Sadly it failed to work on my Nokia E63.

Melbourne

Yeah, I'm gonna try Syntrax. The reviews I've read have consisted of people saying that the sounds are unrealistic.. bonus!

I think the main challenge is the lack of a dedicated headphone jack.. maybe I could prosound it hahah tongue

Adelaide, Australia

*bump*

Looking for a krikzz USB only Genesis/Mega Drive flash cartridge. :]

Liverpool, UK

Either str8 up sale or a partial trade for a Drag n Derp if that's something you can do?

Adelaide, Australia

Hi CDK, unfortunately I don't own a Drag n Derp but I can just send PayPal funds if you're happy. I'm assuming it works fine? PM me and we can arrange something. Thanks!

Liverpool, UK

It did last time, I'll test it then PM you!

Adelaide, Australia

Cheers, man!

Hastings, East Sussex, UK

I would recommend looking into the Everdrive V3 as well. I know you want a USB only one, but the Everdrive's micro SD slot hides the card and is also backwards compatible with Sega Master System as well as 32X!

For me, I can load roms to the micro SD card using OTG connection with my phone and a card reader. Brilliant for doing it out of the house.

Adelaide, Australia

Circuit Bird, thanks for your suggestion, but the reasons why I'm trying to avoid an Everdrive V3 are:

1. High cost
2. I do not want to be swapping a microSD card every 5-10 minutes or in fact mucking around with an SD card at all
3. The microSD card cart I've tried has slow startup due to the menu system
4. I only need to have access to a single ROM at a time
5. I do not want/need a menu system as I want to be able to use the cart with no screen if I need to

I already have one of the original krikzz USB carts, have been using it for the past six years and found it to be very reliable.

Cheers!

Solar System

Hi Freezedream!
And what about Tototek?
http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php? … ucts_id=59
or
http://www.tototek.com/store/index.php? … ucts_id=67

Adelaide, Australia

Matej: That's a nice idea, but the Tototek carts are also not USB and require a parallel port, which none of my computers have anymore! hmm

calmdownkidder: Any update on the krikzz flash cart you have?