CHIPTUNE

they should be in the 1337-area here!

London, UK

Wow, thank you so much for all the recommendations guys - a lot of stuff to start sifting through there. Only dipped into the Monotonik catalogue previously but was having a look just now and there's clearly a whole wealth of stuff I'd bloody love.

Thanks for the tip re. Kahvi Collective as well!

Milwaukee, WI

@ Poke: I remember dispyz had an old episode of airwaves that he used to play almost everyday that featured a lot of what's mentioned, yet when I go to the airwaves page it's the only episode not available.

What gives?!

CHIPTUNE

he's out to get you!

Eanske, Holland
RG wrote:

@ Poke: I remember dispyz had an old episode of airwaves that he used to play almost everyday that featured a lot of what's mentioned, yet when I go to the airwaves page it's the only episode not available.

What gives?!

ah the one with those finnnish chip people ? I think it wasn't ever uploaded, but I still have it.
I could send it

Eanske, Holland
goto80 wrote:

they should be in the 1337-area here!

hey indeed, that must have been their old BBS smile (it was called black dog towers).
Is there any stuff they had on there available ?

Milwaukee, WI
poke-1,170 wrote:
RG wrote:

What gives?!

ah the one with those finnnish chip people ? I think it wasn't ever uploaded, but I still have it.
I could send it

That would be awesome. If you have the time I'd certainly appreciate it poke!

CHIPTUNE
poke-1,170 wrote:

hey indeed, that must have been their old BBS smile (it was called black dog towers).
Is there any stuff they had on there available ?

a friend of a friend called their BBS once, using the handle aPH3X tWiN. smile but i don't know what they had on there, or what they called themselves, or released. i almost know nothing at all! but i think mostly they sequenced other hardware with the Amiga.

i did send a message to that guy who's still in Black Dog, but i'm not really expecting an answer..

Chicago IL
goto80 wrote:

i did send a message to that guy who's still in Black Dog, but i'm not really expecting an answer..

me too! kind of, i asked in a thread on this idm board where he posted a new black dog mix

Chicago IL

oh nice!

From 2003 onwards as well as his more typical Acid style he has also released drum and bass songs made on old samplers, a Commodore Amiga and various early digital synthesizers, again displaying an interest in late 1980s and early 1990s dance music. His set on Mary Anne Hobb's show Breezeblock in 2003 and more recent tracks such as "Castilian" and "Arcadian" also indicate an interest in Chiptune music.

edit: i assumed this little bit would mention that it was about Ceephax Acid Crew. i apologize.

Last edited by Saskrotch (May 15, 2010 9:28 am)

CHIPTUNE

it seems to me like mr.black dog is trying to hide something. let's call the time-travelling paparazzis!

and good ol' ceephax! he told me that it was almost only for sequencing other stuff.

Montréal
poke-1,170 wrote:

Bogdan raczynski apparently was a demoscener.

EDIT: nevermind, I lost his .XM
but I'm pretty sure they are somewhere on teh internet

Last edited by Zombipnok (May 15, 2010 5:16 pm)

TSSBAY01
poke-1,170 wrote:
RG wrote:

What gives?!

I could send it

or you could archive all the shows, ive asked you if you could archive them all in the past but i think i should ask again big_smile i had all of them on my HD at one point, but i lost a few of them somehow. can you make some sort of archive? i know its like 19 episodes right?

Milwaukee, WI

I remember it being 23-24 but could certainly be wrong.

New York, New York
Zombipnok wrote:
poke-1,170 wrote:

Bogdan raczynski apparently was a demoscener.

EDIT: nevermind, I lost his .XM
but I'm pretty sure they are somewhere on teh internet

I found two tracks on the internet, one called Humfree. Good tracks actually.

Chicago IL

bogdan also did an adventures of lolo remix on the i will eat your children too! 12"