West Yorks, UK

could anyone please please mail me some software on floppy; all public domain stuff, no infringement / piracy intended! Im hesitant to lay out a heck load of money for SD solutions, as in not sure il gel with making tracks on either machine, just yet.

And hankering for a little llamatron on amiga too! wink

Can happily pay for your floppies, your time, and the trouble.

Cheers

Last edited by Domu (May 1, 2015 12:28 pm)

West Yorks, UK

or if anyone could point me in the direction of someone who has such an abiliy, please send them my way or me theirs! x

What are you looking for exactly? I have floppies and also have Amiga demos from Amiga Format and Amiga Power. I even have some cross-platform ones (Amiga/ST) if you mean you want them. Lol.

West Yorks, UK

i am after aegis sonix for amiga, and a few other bits and pieces. I have just bought some solution for amiga, but am still looking for atari things, such as colourspace, M, and a few midi softwares

West Yorks, UK

anyone? looking to aqcuire a floppy of the FB01 editor and of maxYmyser for Atari ST, if anyone can accomodate such a request.
Seriously, cash for making floppies. Easy money!

New Zealand

I have never used an Atari but after some reading it looks like they had two drive types, a 360 KB and a 720 KB and can read MS DOS format disks. If yours supports 720 KB disks you could get a USB Floppy drive and format up your own.
The USB Drive will need to support DD disks, The TEAC FD-05PUB appears to and there are a number on ebay.

I just formatted a disk (1.44 MB with the hole covered) to 720 KB under Windows 7 using format720.exe from http://www.denispetrov.com/?page_id=3  with a TEAC FD-05PUB USB floppy drive.

Does the Atari have an OS built into ROM? All the above was found out with some web research. I don't have an Atari so cannot test any of the above.

Good Luck.

Last edited by Pathogenic (May 11, 2015 12:17 am)

West Yorks, UK

the atari does have built in ROM OS yeah,

thanks for the advice, I may just do that; I asked here first because really. if I can grab a couple of disks for a few quid, it will quickly become clear whether i will actually use the amiga and atari for musical purposes, at which point i will probably buy some more convinient SD based solution to file transfer. However, not really wanting to buy a drive or Sd solution and then immediately sell the computers!

You made a 720kb floppy? get the FB01 sound editor on there, mail it over (il pay of course) and il test it!

I thought it would be fairly easy to get someone on a forum dedicated to chipmusic to do this kind of thing. show a brother some support you chip cats!