☺☺☺

Please tell me this is in any way implementable, considering this photo is circulating (and M-N wouldnt have put the option there for nothing...would he?:P)

Last edited by Emar (May 15, 2010 2:05 pm)

Unsubscribe

He put it there for nothing smile

Still wating on a hardware dev to come forward and make it happen...

☺☺☺

is it even possible to control the usb port in dingux? didnt the old version require usb connected to pc? or something? or would it require soldering to precariously small pins on precariously small ICs...(i would be up for either)

Minneapolis

Hey, if you want a serial on your Dingoo, look here:

http://boards.dingoonity.org/dingoo-har … -possible/

EDIT: that's just how to add the port, now LGPT has to get programmed to actually use it. Also, serial to midi could be tricky, but it could be done. The only issue is how to take control of those TX and RX lines. That would require some Kernel hacking, I would think.

Last edited by arfink (May 15, 2010 9:14 pm)

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Actually... I... put it there for Marc to play with when i sent it to him. He never played with it. So it's just to get your hopes up at this moment.

Last edited by low-gain (May 16, 2010 1:26 am)

☺☺☺

I know i had already asked you low-gain, just stirrin' up some HYPE HYPE HYPE big_smile

☺☺☺

and Arfink, thats at least a glimmer of hope, right? wink

San Francisco

I WANTS ME SUM MIDAI SUPoRtsEZ. if there is i might actually buy a ding0o0O0. that is the one thing my psp is lacking....

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

Just use a gp2x for midi.. tongue  and when you find bugs, report them to M-.-n so he can fix them. smile

I know for a fact there aren't that many of you utilizing midi on the gp2x. So why hype the dingoo for midi.

☺☺☺
low-gain wrote:

I know for a fact there aren't that many of you utilizing midi on the gp2x. So why hype the dingoo for midi.

because...I...dont.......have....a gp2x......

Minneapolis

And I would guess, because GP2X is stupidly expensive compared to the Dingoo. They sell very high on ePay right now, if you hadn't checked.

Unsubscribe

You can also use midi on windows.. but it works pretty shiftily ATM. Given a choice of hardware, i guess id love to see midi on psp first but you get what you pay for with free software..:D

Milwaukee, WI

Yeah my Pig platform is PSP and I can't really afford just to buy a GP2X for MIDI so I'd really like to see it...  Patience!

Milwaukee, Wisconsin USA

ok... how much do PSP's go for? $100?
Gp2X's are like $75-100... same price.. and it supports midi..
yeah.. ok. there. no more excuses. lol

San Francisco

$75-100 maybe cheap for you but.... some of us aren't as fortunate.

the way you describe music is that those with money should have more access to music creation devices then those without. thats not really fair low-gain. not all of us can buy new platforms to get midi support. thats why i support any development for midi support on the various LGPT platforms. i know some one can use it.

i dont mean to come off like i am pissed off at you or trying to be disrespectful in any way but i think there is a flaw in your logic  low-gain.

Tacoma WA
wedanced wrote:

$75-100 maybe cheap for you but.... some of us aren't as fortunate.

the way you describe music is that those with money should have more access to music creation devices then those without. thats not really fair low-gain. not all of us can buy new platforms to get midi support. thats why i support any development for midi support on the various LGPT platforms. i know some one can use it.

i dont mean to come off like i am pissed off at you or trying to be disrespectful in any way but i think there is a flaw in your logic  low-gain.

lol get a job hippie!!!

and honestly if 75 to 100 will make or break you i would suggest stopping music for a bit and concentrating and doing whatever you can do to get out of your situation.  real life and family comes first.

also get a job hippie!!